Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In anticipation of arrival of my new ZE50 GT line (hopefully around end of March) I searched for an OE armrest which I know I will want as I have fitted one to my previous Zoe's and would miss very much especially on longer trips, I could not find one in the UK.

However I found and ordered from the below site in Germany, note there are three types available two different Fabric Colours (Play and Iconic models?) and a Faux Leather (GT Line model?) which I ordered.

Arrived today along with the Double trunk floor storage that I also ordered.

IMG_20200212_191504141.jpg IMG_20200212_191534417.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for posting this .. my German is limited - is it definitely comparable ? and out of interest when did you order (I ordered in Oct GT Line CCS with winter pack)

·
Registered
164 Posts
That looks great! I saw it in the accessory catalogue. I believe it's 160 eur (140 gbp?) if you buy it directly from Renault, includes installation in the price and can be installed post-sale.

The only downside with it is that, as far as I noticed from the size of the leg, it will cover both cup-holders. This is the second reason I didn't go for it. First reason was that I first wanted to see how I go by without armrest (haven't decided yet). I had armrest in R240 and loved it a lot, especially the coins-holder and cards-holder; great design.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for posting this .. my German is limited - is it definitely comparable ? and out of interest when did you order (I ordered in Oct GT Line CCS with winter pack)
This is a genuine Renault part, if you have google chrome it will easily translate the site for you, that's what I used.

Took four days for DPL delivery.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks great! I saw it in the accessory catalogue. I believe it's 160 eur (140 gbp?) if you buy it directly from Renault, includes installation in the price and can be installed post-sale.

The only downside with it is that, as far as I noticed from the size of the leg, it will cover both cup-holders. This is the second reason I didn't go for it. First reason was that I first wanted to see how I go by without armrest (haven't decided yet). I had armrest in R240 and loved it a lot, especially the coins-holder and cards-holder; great design.
I hardly ever use cups anyway in the car so no loss to me if it covers the holders.
Quality of the lid is much better that the previous gen armrest where the latch broke to easily.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,307 Posts
Ridiculous that Renault still can't get the small stuff right, forcing buyers to shop in other countries to get what should be stock fitted parts.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep my previous armrest was also from Germany too, UK seems to be the poor neighbour, no 22kWh pack upgrade, one of last European countries to see new models etc etc.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They don't have the armrest for the ZE50 though.
Some time ago Renault were upgrading 22kWh battery packs in some European countries to 41kWh packs, we in UK were put on a waiting list if we enquired about getting the 41kWh pack .... Never happened 😣

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No that's for current Zoe ZE40 or any Zoe prior to that.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Daft question guys... my armrest started to rock slightly and when I unscrewed it to check why, the expanding rubber screw that holds the back part down had managed to pop out of the hole. Anyone who has fitted one will know the screw I mean.. I managed to force it back in the hole and resecure but I might need another or slightly wider version. Where can you get these and what are they called.. cheers guys

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The interior is identical so it will fit.

I guess you are looking for the colour to match?
Are you sure the rear of the central consol where the armrest is secured is the same? The fitting is certainly different where you use two original screws and four pop rivets, no rubber mounting like the old one had.

·
Registered
12,868 Posts
Are you sure the rear of the central consol where the armrest is secured is the same? The fitting is certainly different where you use two original screws and four pop rivets, no rubber mounting like the old one had.
No I’m not. It’s probably different as it has USB ports.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

From the pics, it looks like the whole thing might flip up to access the front cup holder?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
From the pics, it looks like the whole thing might flip up to access the front cup holder?
I can confirm it does lift as indeed the old model armrest did.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts