Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Zoe ZE50 GT-Line R135 Rapid Charge in Flame Red 馃榾
Discussion Starter #1
Until tonight I've found the auto main beam function pretty reliable. Dipped headlight immediately an oncoming vehicle was detected or another vehicle going in the same direction was detected ahead. Tonight, on a 10 mile trip, I was flashed by a couple of on-going vehicles and then realised main beam was still on. Similarly, when getting closer to vehicles ahead, dipped beam was not automatically initiated.

On arriving at my destination I took a look at the camera area behind the rear view mirror from the outside of the car. The small "viewing area" in front of the camera appeared to have some condensation on the inside of the windscreen. This appears to be a sealed area (or should be) and cannot be wiped clean.

My guess is condensation is getting between the inside of the windscreen and the camera lens. Has anyone else had this problem? Any other causes/solutions available?

Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
While it was misbehaving did you turn it off auto and back onto auto again? That's always worth a go.

If there is condensation between bonded layers of the glass then I'd think it's realistically going to involve a dealer visit to fix it permanently.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
While it was misbehaving did you turn it off auto and back onto auto again? That's always worth a go.
I did. My intention was to put it on manual but I couldn鈥檛 remember the order of the manual switch positions. The first position switched the lights off (or sidelights only - no headlights) which took me by surprise so I switched back to auto instinctively immediately. It made no difference unfortunately.

Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
I'd take it to the dealer anyway as a mysterious headlight failure isn't something you want going into darker nights.

Registered
I had the same issue back in February/March. The light sensor needs recalibration, it's done free of charge by Renault, warranty.

Zoe Devotee
If there is condensation you need to run the heater/AC to clear it. Yes its getting colder out, and there is more moisture in the air you need to use the heater to keep the screen clear.

Zoe Devotee
?!? assumption?
My guess is condensation is getting between the inside of the windscreen and the camera lens. Has anyone else had this problem? Any other causes/solutions available?
No assumption, giving advice based on the information given. ;) where as you just asserted what happened to your car as absolute one and only issue/fix? 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

My suggestion takes 10mins max to test whereas yours is a potential several hours at a dealers. Start with the easiest fix first I'd say.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the suggestion. Indeed, the screen was misted up on the inside that evening for the first time since I got the car. However, I did run heaand ac to clear it before setting off. 30 mins of driving later the auto main beam was still malfunctioning so I don鈥檛 think that cures the problem. The camera lens/sensor looks like it鈥檚 in a small 鈥渟ealed鈥 compartment so
a) I wouldn鈥檛 expect mist/condensation to get in there anyway and
b) if it did, the heating probably wouldn鈥檛 clear it very quickly as it鈥檚 鈥減rotected鈥 from the blast if hot air.
Looks like a trip to the dealer but think I鈥檒l wait until the fix for pre-conditioning is available. I can override the auto main beam now I鈥檝e sorted out switch positions in daylight.
Suggestions much appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts