Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has the Zoe 2 weeks, booked into dealers today to resolve the door seal / water leak issue and investigation into the remote preconditioning and other app features that don't work.

Called at 5pm for an update - seal issue resolved ( door was not mounted correctly so the body shop have had to "tweak it" . They believe this will sort the sealing problem.

Renault France have pushed / are pushing a OTA update to the car - they want to keep it overnight and get confirmation of fix from Renault UK tech before they release it back to me - I am to test it with the tech stood next to the car tomorrow morning.

Will update as appropriate.

Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can now confirm both preconditioning and charge scheduling now work via the App (Android at least) I'm told nothing was replaced purely a over the air update fron Renault France.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 GT-Line with CCS in Aconite
11 Posts
That’s good to hear. Still awaiting Renault customer services to get back to me regarding mine. Out of interest, what software version is your car now displaying?

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,029 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That’s good to hear. Still awaiting Renault customer services to get back to me regarding mine. Out of interest, what software version is your car now displaying?
I'm still waiting for a response - took it to my supplying dealer and they managed to get Renault into gear. Software version 283C32219R

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 GT-Line with CCS in Aconite
11 Posts
I'm still waiting for a response - took it to my supplying dealer and they managed to get Renault into gear. Software version 283C32219R
Thanks, our software has been on version 283C32219R for a couple of weeks now and still doesn’t work so must be another update somewhere

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks, our software has been on version 283C32219R for a couple of weeks now and still doesn’t work so must be another update somewhere
Might be like the mileage one which magically happened without anybody doing anything!

I'm wondering whether my preconditioning is now working, car was a sensible temperature this morning despite sitting out in the heat for two days, I'll have to manually trigger it and see what happens.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I've just been called by Renault customer services.. my booking with Renault London west for tomorrow 17th Oct, is going to be cancelled. They are still not able to update my Zoe with a fix for the pre conditioning. I was also told that zoes are going to be released from the import centre with this fault still not rectified and customers will be told that it will be fixed in the future.
Again they will keep me informed contacting me next week with any new info.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,855 Posts
I've just been called by Renault customer services.. my booking with Renault London west for tomorrow 17th Oct, is going to be cancelled. They are still not able to update my Zoe with a fix for the pre conditioning. I was also told that zoes are going to be released from the import centre with this fault still not rectified and customers will be told that it will be fixed in the future.
Again they will keep me informed contacting me next week with any new info.
Had a followup call from my dealer this morning, regarding my window regulator replacement last week.
I mentioned these problems and was also told they'd "get back to me" when they hear something.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was also told that zoes are going to be released from the import centre with this fault still not rectified and customers will be told that it will be fixed in the future.
I hope that is the case as my Zoe has been stuck at the import centre for a couple weeks now due to this issue. I was told there are over 1,000 Zoes stuck there at present! I'd imagine they'll have to just release them at some point soon if a fix is not forthcoming... I for one would certainly rather have the car without pre-conditioning than not have it at all!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I hope that is the case as my Zoe has been stuck at the import centre for a couple weeks now due to this issue. I was told there are over 1,000 Zoes stuck there at present! I'd imagine they'll have to just release them at some point soon if a fix is not forthcoming... I for one would certainly rather have the car without pre-conditioning than not have it at all!
Given that this was supposedly fixed end of July for new builds, and people have reported they have cars that it works on, how is it broken again? :confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Given that this was supposedly fixed end of July for new builds, and people have reported they have cars that it works on, how is it broken again? :confused:
My guess is either the fix is inconsistent and doesn't always work,or the ones stuck at the import centre were actually built before the end of July but have taken a long time to be transported and clear the import centre. I ordered mine as a stock car (so already built and in the country) on 17 July, so it won't have had the issue fixed at production.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Renault probably sourced a cheaper computer module, only to find that it doesn't work with the old software!

·
Registered
16,894 Posts
Do Renault have like one person working on the fix, they are so slow at fixing this massive fault
The have one supplier who’s working it. Probably a different one who’s building the app.

Both of them are blaming hardware modules from another supplier.

This is what happens when you don’t vertically integrate your software.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts