Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

221 - 240 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
Elmo Referral: AdamT50 (£50 off one month for both of us)
177 Posts
I did but they are still none the wiser...Tech team are looking into it and getting back to me as this update is news to them. Even linked them to this forum thread!
This is the work sheet I got when I collected my car last week, it's quite short but fairly detailed with what they did - might help people like yourself who are having issues with dealers perhaps?

Issued by Renault Bedford, if that helps.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I did but they are still none the wiser...Tech team are looking into it and getting back to me as this update is news to them. Even linked them to this forum thread!
Just to confirm this is an update if you a ZE50 built early last year, and if your State of Health is way below 99% .

As I understand they need to pug the car into the Renault system, which then tells them what ACTIS update need to be done. So just book it in with the SOH issue and they should see the update then.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just to confirm this is an update if you a ZE50 built early last year, and if your State of Health is way below 99% .

As I understand they need to pug the car into the Renault system, which then tells them what ACTIS update need to be done. So just book it in with the SOH issue and they should see the update then.
I did but they wouldn’t do it unless there was a recall from Renault. I did explain what the issue is and it isn't a recall etc but got nowhere

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just for clarity I assume your car is a Zoe 2 pre September 2020?
If correct then maybe it's all in the words.i.e. What is a recall? (active Renault action) vs What is a fix on fail (passive Renault response to Customer complaint) etc.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
19,856 Posts
I don't think the previous BMS issue ever became a recall.

More a case of finding a sympathetic Renault service centre.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is exactly what I have experienced. Do you feel able to advise who your dealer is?
Colchester, great team of folks there but they don't get the issue. Contacting Renault direct, but even with them luck seems to change depending on who you speak too, first time speaking to them and they don't know either.

·
Registered
Zoe 50 GTLine
72 Posts
Checking your SOH using CanZE. I had all sorts of problems getting the phone to connect to the dongle i.e. Bluetooth. Finally cracked it - put the Multi-Media display in standby. Now reads 99,61% SOH. Will track it over the next few months - I'm starting to suspect that the 'fix' only resets things and that the SOH may drop ...

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
Checking your SOH using CanZE. I had all sorts of problems getting the phone to connect to the dongle i.e. Bluetooth. Finally cracked it - put the Multi-Media display in standby. Now reads 99,61% SOH. Will track it over the next few months - I'm starting to suspect that the 'fix' only resets things and that the SOH may drop ...
This is something I have thought about too, when I had my Zoe in for the pre con fix middle of last year it came back at 100% having previously been at 87%.
I asked the tech if he had sorted the BMS issue (which I had seen reported on a Dutch form) he said no but reckoned it was likely reset by battery lockout during the pre con fix. It has now dropped back to 87% again since I disconnected the 12v trying to fix the app disconnect.
We'll see if folk that have had the BMS update start to report a drop faster than expected.
That wouldn't be something Renault want to happen though so hopefully the fix will stop the drop.

Reactions: Dave Barr

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have just done a SoH check after getting set up with CanZE and at 89 after 3100 miles (car delivered August 2020 new). Obviously an issue so will need to get this booked into the dealer. Any advice on what to say on the phone as was told there wasn’t an issue previously!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,191 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Have just done a SoH check after getting set up with CanZE and at 89 after 3100 miles (car delivered August 2020 new). Obviously an issue so will need to get this booked into the dealer. Any advice on what to say on the phone as was told there wasn’t an issue previously!
You already have the Actis number for the BMS update (64453) for Zoe Ph2 5AQ 605 to resolve your problem.
The Actis document has a Startup and End date for applicability clearly stated on it. I suspect the modification will have been implemented on the assembly line about Sept 2020 but the garage needs to "convince" you if they say your vehicle is not in the range that requires the update since your vehicle is exhibiting the symptoms.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Quick update during the current warm few days.

100% charge with outside temp 19° and GOMs showing 235 miles/4.5miles/kWh, and that’s without a reset. BMS had an update earlier in the month.

How’s everyone else doing?

221 - 240 of 288 Posts