Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

261 - 280 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Thanks everyone for the help, finally managed to get the car booked in with the dealer...however

Just had a call from the dealer (car due in Tuesday) been told that 89% SoH (now 88%) isn't enough for them to do anything, they will only do any work under the warranty when the battery is below 80% in the first two years...!!

To them there is no issue with the battery/BMS, again quoting the ACTIS codes to them and even linking them to this forum they still don't understand why a 89% SoH battery reading on a 7month 3000 mile car is an issue. They even said they have spoken to Renault and they confirm there is no BMS update or fix and this is just normal wear on the batter!

However they did offer to swap plates to the green ones for £20 ;)
Call Renault customer services and tell them your not happy that your dealer is refusing to carry out the BMS (and other) updates that you know your car needs quoting the actis codes. CS number 0344 335 0000

·
Registered
Elmo Referral: AdamT50 (£50 off one month for both of us)
177 Posts
Not complained but did contact them to ask for advice about the SoH issue...again they said they wouldn’t touch it unless SoH was 80 or below
I think complaint is your next option now. It's worth asking why some garages are doing it and some (yours) won't. It's also worth mentioning that with the error, your theoretical usable battery capacity (and therefore range) isn't technically much better than a ZE40.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
19,856 Posts
I think there was some sort of magic phrase to use last time this happened.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Not complained but did contact them to ask for advice about the SoH issue...again they said they wouldn’t touch it unless SoH was 80 or below
You do need to raise it as an official complaint.. I raised one when my SOH was down to 94% after 3000 miles. I was insistent that this was NOT right and I wanted it fixed and a complaint raised accordingly. I informed them that I had heard of the fix to cure this and that it was a known issue,.. I was asked by CS during the complaint procedure which dealership I wanted to do the work on my Ze50. I picked Renault London West which is not my local dealership but I know they are very good and were aware of this issue . You need to be insistent that there is a software issue which needs to be fixed on your brand new 30k car and your range is getting less and less. Don't take no for an answer. They will give you an official complaint number and ask you what dealer you are going to take it into.. I suggest you find one that other members of this site have used who know what they are doing. Avoid the one you are having problems with, obviously.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think complaint is your next option now. It's worth asking why some garages are doing it and some (yours) won't. It's also worth mentioning that with the error, your theoretical usable battery capacity (and therefore range) isn't technically much better than a ZE40.
As I have already stated I am in contact with the CEO's representative at this very moment on this very subject. (+ others) Today he came back to me but didn't have any real answers so has undertaken to come back again tomorrow Wednesday after speaking with the dealership again.
In short the dealer confirmed that the Energy info had been updated, (as per the quoted Actis references) at the same time as the BMS update.
However the pages are not accessible (as far as I can determine) yet the garage categorically confirmed that they had carried out the work.
The Renault guy is coming back with an answer from the dealership to "Why have the Energy pages NOT been loaded or how do I access them". I even tipped them off to the fact that they may need a large memory stick.
I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that they are either Incompetent or more likely don't want to do the job because the recompense for doing the job isn't worth the Master Technicians time. Let's see if they come up with a credible response. I won't hold my breath!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Today managed to get the SoH/BMS fix sorted (hooray).

Range was 235 when picking up the car but back down to 200 on trip reset...it has been snowing the last couple days. At least the SoH is back up to 98%

I was lucky enough that the person dealing with my case today was someone I hadn’t seen before and was totally fine with me speaking ACTIS numbers to them and investigated with Renault about what they needed to do. Previously was brushed off or as mentioned before told there was no issue on multiple occasions with various issues that have come up. Didn’t managed to get my energy pages but, baby steps!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Today managed to get the SoH/BMS fix sorted (hooray).
I was lucky enough that the person dealing with my case today was someone I hadn’t seen before and was totally fine with me speaking ACTIS numbers to them....
I'm pleased that you have moved forward somewhat but am reminded of all the other customers out there that may not be as persistent in getting matters sorted.
Why should you have to be "lucky" to get after sales service from a Renault dealer?
The CEO's rep states that this is NOT the way we should be treated and that the system for determining the ACTIS numbers from the Customers symptoms is available to ALL dealers. A bit like Google.
Our issue is the reluctance of the dealers and not the efficacy of the ACTIS solutions.
As for telling Customers "porkies" that is yet another reason to ask...
Why are some (/many?) dealers behaving in such a manner. This is really bad news for the Brand.
The Zoe is an excellent vehicle and Groupe Renault have delivered robust ACTIS solutions to correct issues which were presumably the result of rushing Zoe2 into production.
ID3 software was even declared by VW as being only Beta quality with fixes yet to be determined so Renault have from that perspective done well.
However Renault UK need to get their dealerships sorted so that they deliver a consistently good level of service in line with Groupe Renault objectives.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm pleased that you have moved forward somewhat but am reminded of all the other customers out there that may not be as persistent in getting matters sorted.
Why should you have to be "lucky" to get after sales service from a Renault dealer?
The CEO's rep states that this is NOT the way we should be treated and that the system for determining the ACTIS numbers from the Customers symptoms is available to ALL dealers. A bit like Google.
Our issue is the reluctance of the dealers and not the efficacy of the ACTIS solutions.
As for telling Customers "porkies" that is yet another reason to ask...
Why are some (/many?) dealers behaving in such a manner. This is really bad news for the Brand.
The Zoe is an excellent vehicle and Groupe Renault have delivered robust ACTIS solutions to correct issues which were presumably the result of rushing Zoe2 into production.
ID3 software was even declared by VW as being only Beta quality with fixes yet to be determined so Renault have from that perspective done well.
However Renault UK need to get their dealerships sorted so that they deliver a consistently good level of service in line with Groupe Renault objectives.
Agreed, glad to have the work finally done but the quality of aftercare from Renault has been shocking in the 3/4 dealers I have visited, some others have had the same whereas a few have had no issue at all. For sure contacting customer services to pass on my experience as needs addressing.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,927 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
tbh I'd just pick another dealer until you get the answer you want - "x dealer said I couldn't have the update.. you have experience of doing the update? WIll you do it?"

·
Registered
12 Posts
the quality of aftercare from Renault has been shocking in the 3/4 dealers I have visited...
For sure contacting customer services to pass on my experience as needs addressing.
This definitely put me off progressing a leasing deal for a Zoe. Liked the car, but people's experiences with their dealers didn't sit wella as I know it would be unnecessary stress for me. So the poor after sales service has/will cost sales.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
19,856 Posts
This definitely put me off progressing a leading deal for a Zoe. Liked the car, but people's experiences with their dealers didn't sit well with me as I know it would be unnecessary stress for me. So the poor after sales service has/will cost sales.
I think this applies to most brands.

You just need to identify the good dealers.

I've had excellent service at all the Renault dealers I've used.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT Line & Hyundai Ioniq 38kW Premium
33 Posts
Just returned from Evans Halshaw Renault in Sheffield.
I contacted them a couple of weeks ago via email and gave them the ACTIS number.
They told me that according to their system the car had already had the BMS fix back in September at the import centre / port just before it was delivered to me, but they were happy to take look at the car anyway. I also gave the ACTIS number for the energy monitor fix.
Car is back with me now - SoH according to CanZE has gone up from 92% to 99% and I now have the energy monitor option on the centre display.

261 - 280 of 288 Posts