Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

301 - 320 of 338 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Much appreciated - here was me hoping you'd found the magic Actis code to make CCS charging faster!
What sort of speed do you typically get on CCS?

I've done around 3 chargers recently from about 30% to 80% with a "hot" battery (driven about 100 miles at motorway speeds). I seem to be averaging around the 38kW mark across the whole session. Adding about 26kWh in 40 minutes (~50% of the battery), two were at a 50kW Osprey charger and the other at a 150kW BP Pulse charger.

·
Registered
Elmo Referral: AdamT50 (£50 off one month for both of us)
271 Posts
What sort of speed do you typically get on CCS?

I've done around 3 chargers recently from about 30% to 80% with a "hot" battery (driven about 100 miles at motorway speeds). I seem to be averaging around the 38kW mark across the whole session. Adding about 26kWh in 40 minutes (~50% of the battery), two were at a 50kW Osprey charger and the other at a 150kW BP Pulse charger.
I find it averages at 38kW over a long charge as well. Your 30% to 80% over 40 minutes ties up with this video from Bjorn:

It does start quite quickly and then drops off from 50% onwards - as does mine.

I was hoping this CCS code would magically get it to 50kW and for longer - alas, it does not!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I did my first long journeys over the weekend since getting my SOH fixed and I must say it's so much better. I did 120 miles before the fix and hit 10% remaining on arrival, whereas I did a similar mileage on similar speed roads with the fix and arrived with 26% left, and that's with extra weight and the heating on higher as well (and two traffic detours down some questionable country lanes).

Now averaging 3.5mpkWh with 70mph driving for the majority.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I did my first long journeys over the weekend since getting my SOH fixed and I must say it's so much better. I did 120 miles before the fix and hit 10% remaining on arrival, whereas I did a similar mileage on similar speed roads with the fix and arrived with 26% left, and that's with extra weight and the heating on higher as well (and two traffic detours down some questionable country lanes).

I did 230 miles after the fix, with a 15 minute top up, arrived home with 5%! I think that's much better than before the fix.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,033 Posts

Is that on the ZE50? I thought it was easily a 200mile car? Your figures seems to suggest 160max?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Is that on the ZE50? I thought it was easily a 200mile car? Your figures seems to suggest 160max?
ZE50, yes.

Renault's wording is 250km at 110kmph - so roughly 155 miles at 70mph, which pretty much ties up with what I've managed. This drops to 215km at 130kmph (but this would be 80mph, so haven't tried it).

My average mpkWh is around 4, so could in theory get over 200 miles off one full charge. Depends on your driving style, roads used etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Since. getting the BMS update managed 230 off a charge but MpkWh has been stuck at 4.8 constantly. Have just fully charged and reset the trip GOM 140 ... Eh?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Since. getting the BMS update managed 230 off a charge but MpkWh has been stuck at 4.8 constantly. Have just fully charged and reset the trip GOM 140 ... Eh?
I reset mine after a charge over the weekend and it sat at 135 miles, I then drove 100 miles and it reset itself not too far in to the journey.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It is, in summer 200 miles at 70mph is easy if my experience last summer is anything to go by
Hi Guys. Well I promised to come back once I got an answer from Renault UK Exec as to "Why do some dealers give customers the run around and it has become necessary to quote internal ACTIS numbers etc in order to get an acceptable response etc."
Well initially I got the brush off from the guy but increasingly Renault got the message that it is not just a single dealer but much of their dealer network that is either disinterested in carrying out updates, or alternatively are incompetent to be able to carry out the work.
My dealer has been very open with me that all is not well within the dealer / Renault world and Renault have now confirmed that they are going to investigate exactly what is going on using my dealership as a template since they know what the issue is but Renault have previously not been listening.
Of course they do not intend to give me a ring side seat but I do have confidence that something is now going to happen and I'm sure it involves how the dealers get paid for this type of work.
In addition the significance of the BMS and other ACTIS updates is such that I have requested they review why these are not a matter of Renault campaign policy.

Back to my car.
Most issues now sorted and the car is at last behaving in a way that meets my expectations for the larger battery. Since the BMS update I am now seeing recharge range estimates of 249 miles with efficiency achieving 4.6m/kwh (incidentally mine also seems to get stuck at 4.8mpkwh for quite a while) and managed the Midlands to Devon 200 mile journey with 40 miles spare. I travelled at 56mph in ECO/B, on cruise for the whole journey, with the heater on 19C fan1. Ambient was about 8C and there was very little wind either assisting or hindering the recorded efficiency.
When I do the return journey I will attempt it at 60mph and see if once again I don't have to make the top up stop which I needed in the ZE40.
I attach a couple of screen shots which cover the 600 miles since the most recent BMS update and two pedal reset.
Besides the motorway journey the car is used for a lot of slow speed town work and it is also very hilly here in Sidmouth.
:)
IMG_2448.jpg

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hi Guys. Well I promised to come back once I got an answer from Renault UK Exec as to "Why do some dealers give customers the run around and it has become necessary to quote internal ACTIS numbers etc in order to get an acceptable response etc."
Well initially I got the brush off from the guy but increasingly Renault got the message that it is not just a single dealer but much of their dealer network that is either disinterested in carrying out updates, or alternatively are incompetent to be able to carry out the work.
My dealer has been very open with me that all is not well within the dealer / Renault world and Renault have now confirmed that they are going to investigate exactly what is going on using my dealership as a template since they know what the issue is but Renault have previously not been listening.
Of course they do not intend to give me a ring side seat but I do have confidence that something is now going to happen and I'm sure it involves how the dealers get paid for this type of work.
In addition the significance of the BMS and other ACTIS updates is such that I have requested they review why these are not a matter of Renault campaign policy.

Back to my car.
Most issues now sorted and the car is at last behaving in a way that meets my expectations for the larger battery. Since the BMS update I am now seeing recharge range estimates of 249 miles with efficiency achieving 4.6m/kwh (incidentally mine also seems to get stuck at 4.8mpkwh for quite a while) and managed the Midlands to Devon 200 mile journey with 40 miles spare. I travelled at 56mph in ECO/B, on cruise for the whole journey, with the heater on 19C fan1. Ambient was about 8C and there was very little wind either assisting or hindering the recorded efficiency.
When I do the return journey I will attempt it at 60mph and see if once again I don't have to make the top up stop which I needed in the ZE40.
I attach a couple of screen shots which cover the 600 miles since the most recent BMS update and two pedal reset.
Besides the motorway journey the car is used for a lot of slow speed town work and it is also very hilly here in Sidmouth.
:)
View attachment 143812 View attachment 143812

View attachment 143814
I had a similar thought to you. When I had the BMS update done, that was it. Yet my car has gone back in for an unrelated issue and has (depending who you speak to) had another software update.

So why on earth didn’t they just do all the relevant software updates when it was in last time? Would that not just be easier for them? Not least easier for me.

·
Registered
507 Posts
So why on earth didn’t they just do all the relevant software updates when it was in last time? Would that not just be easier for them? Not least easier for me.
It could be a new update. While my car was in for the SOH/BMS update they did do an OTA update as well (concerning the multimedia).

There seems to be an OTA update every 2 months or so as far as I can see.

·
Registered
39 Posts
....Most issues now sorted and the car is at last behaving in a way that meets my expectations for the larger battery. Since the BMS update I am now seeing recharge range estimates of 249 miles with efficiency achieving 4.6m/kwh (incidentally mine also seems to get stuck at 4.8mpkwh for quite a while)...................
My ZE50 has also been stuck on 4.8m/kWh for the past few days. Is anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT Line with CCS
120 Posts
My ZE50 has now done 5k miles and has not yet had the BMS fix, but after my round trip from Glasgow to Manchester this weekend my SOH has jumped up. The pics below show before and after CanZE shots but here was the charging regime this weekend:

• May 1st, left home on Saturday with 100% at 6am with 204 miles range. Ambient temp 1c
  • Drove at 70mph and charged at Gretna Ionity (expensive? yes, and always available) and took on 20 kWH. It was 3c upon arrival but had dipped below -1c on the ways down.
  • Drove at 70 mph to my ex's home and plugged in there on my granny charger. Ambient temp was 9c. Charging was on/off as doing shopping trips etc.
  • Left ex's home on Sunday evening with 84%, drove at 70 mph to Lancaster as I was doubting reaching Gretna at that speed. Arrived with 46%...took on 10.5 kWh in exactly 20 mins. Left with 70-odd %.
  • Drove to Gretna Ionity at 70 mph. Took on 27 kWh...and arranged bridging loan to pay for it ;)
  • Drove to home town at 70 mph and charged on ChargePlace Scotland charger for free to 70% after arriving with 17%.
Weekend mileage was just under 500 miles.

Saturday April 24th Monday May 3rd

Even with a mild 12c battery temperature, potential capacity is up to 49.1 kWh which an increase from 46.8 kWH with a battery temp of 11c.

It looks looks like hammering it at 70+ mph and doing some really good rapid charges from below 20% SOC has improved the SOH in my car. Has anyone else experienced this SOH increase on a non-BMS fixed ZE50?

Oh, and I fully recognise that Ionity chargers are over-priced but it was a bank holiday weekend and I was not in the mood to scouting around for a cheap charger. Relatively speaking, the Zoe is a cheaper EV leaving more of my money to spend on higher priced chargers when I feel the need :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
My ZE50 has now done 5k miles and has not yet had the BMS fix, but after my round trip from Glasgow to Manchester this weekend my SOH has jumped up. The pics below show before and after CanZE shots but here was the charging regime this weekend:

• May 1st, left home on Saturday with 100% at 6am with 204 miles range. Ambient temp 1c
  • Drove at 70mph and charged at Gretna Ionity (expensive? yes, and always available) and took on 20 kWH. It was 3c upon arrival but had dipped below -1c on the ways down.
  • Drove at 70 mph to my ex's home and plugged in there on my granny charger. Ambient temp was 9c. Charging was on/off as doing shopping trips etc.
  • Left ex's home on Sunday evening with 84%, drove at 70 mph to Lancaster as I was doubting reaching Gretna at that speed. Arrived with 46%...took on 10.5 kWh in exactly 20 mins. Left with 70-odd %.
  • Drove to Gretna Ionity at 70 mph. Took on 27 kWh...and arranged bridging loan to pay for it ;)
  • Drove to home town at 70 mph and charged on ChargePlace Scotland charger for free to 70% after arriving with 17%.
Weekend mileage was just under 500 miles.

Saturday April 24th Monday May 3rd
View attachment 144130 View attachment 144131

Even with a mild 12c battery temperature, potential capacity is up to 49.1 kWh which an increase from 46.8 kWH with a battery temp of 11c.
View attachment 144132 View attachment 144134

It looks looks like hammering it at 70+ mph and doing some really good rapid charges from below 20% SOC has improved the SOH in my car. Has anyone else experienced this SOH increase on a non-BMS fixed ZE50?

Oh, and I fully recognise that Ionity chargers are over-priced but it was a bank holiday weekend and I was not in the mood to scouting around for a cheap charger. Relatively speaking, the Zoe is a cheaper EV leaving more of my money to spend on higher priced chargers when I feel the need :D
only around 3k miles total here, I had the percentage occasionally jumping by 2-3% during the winter depending on temperature and how I drove, which seemed strange (between 88 and 91) but now it has dropped to 86% even tho it's 10-15 degrees warmer

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT Line with CCS
120 Posts
@dominikg I had similar small rises of <1 percent after warmer weather in Glasgow. This is the first time I have done quicker driving and deeper battery discharges before rapid charging since I got it. I usually drive at 60 mph (~100 kph) on the motorway and charge from 40% to 80% or 90% on the rapid. The lowest SOH I had was 90.23% on March 14th (edit: I had put previously stated 91.03%) when the car had just done 3600 miles since getting it in July 2020. At first I thought the BMS calculation was influenced by ambient temperature but I am now thinking that the depth of discharge and re-charge this weekend has a greater effect on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys. I will be purchasing a used ZE50 from my local Evans Halshaw in the coming days. I want to make sure this battery state issue is fixed before we pick it up ideally.

I’ve had a scan through the thread - is the up to date advice still to request the BMS update corresponding to ACITS 64453 as per the OP? Any other pitfalls I should ask about or be aware of?

cheers!

301 - 320 of 338 Posts