Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
ZOE 50 Intens + CCS, Flamme Red
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ZE50 is 11 months old with 5500 km onboard.
On the beginning of October at first try to fix pre-conditioning/heating I asked technician to measure battery SOH. It was 93%.
Today I measured SOH again - it's only 91,4% - about 45 - 46 kWh @ 100% SOC. :cry:

I was advised to mention this at first year service and they can sort this upgrading software (BMS?).
What is the SOH of your ZE50 batteries?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine was showing up in Tronity as being 90% (my trial has ended so can't get in to check it now). Apparently this is true with a lot of ZE50s. Will be interesting to see if the BMS update cures it.
If you want I can send you my Tronity referral code link. You get some free trial weeks and I get some discount.

I find out Tronity is very useful. How about you?

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate Long Range RWD in Gravity Gold, Eco & Tech packs
269 Posts
SOH can be read with free CanZE app using cheap elm327 adapter, along many other parameters. Another set of sensors can be read with Car Scanner Elm Obd2 app (select Zoe Phase 2).
I have tried the elm app on IOS and without success, it says I need to add elm to my local network, I cannot find a way to do this!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
23,566 Posts
Imagine if you had an app for your old ICE that told you how much horsepower you’d lost after driving 10,000 miles?

I wouldn’t hold too much value on the SOH reading, it’s just an estimate.

Just enjoy the car. If you don’t want it to wear out then don’t use it and sell it!

·
Registered
580 Posts
If you want I can send you my Tronity referral code link. You get some free trial weeks and I get some discount.
I don't think I can use a referral code now as I've already used one to sign up initially, but thank you.

I find out Tronity is very useful. How about you?
I found it interesting, but not interesting enough to warrant subscribing - especially during a pandemic where I'm not doing any exciting journeys.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Imagine if you had an app for your old ICE that told you how much horsepower you’d lost after driving 10,000 miles?

Just enjoy the car. If you don’t want it to wear out then don’t use it and sell it!
If there is a problem would you not want to be aware of it and fix it? 12% SOH loss in 6 months is not normal wear and tear, assuming this is what it is.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@cah197
Well, losing 10% of stored energy in 11 months and 5500 km (approximately 3400 miles) is a lot and it is about 25 km (15 miles) of range in winter conditions. So, SOH does matter especially if this is manufacturer's fault.
It's like ICE's 50 litres rezervoar shrink for 5 litres. :D

I would like BMS enables storing 50 kWh instead 45.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,381 Posts

If there was an app and you'd lost 10% of your engine power you would return to the dealer and argue to get it fixed. But your comparing apples and oranges. If you found your petrol tank had a leak and although it would fill up you would only get to use 90% of it because the rest leaked out you would be right to the dealers and get it fixed. Losing 10% usable capacity in 6 months is hellish! Would you be happy if you lost 20+ miles range in summer (probably a lot more in winter)?

Reactions: Huw EV

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
23,566 Posts
@cah197
Well, losing 10% of stored energy in 11 months and 5500 km (approximately 3400 miles) is a lot and it is about 25 km (15 miles) of range in winter conditions. So, SOH does matter especially if this is manufacturer's fault.
It's like ICE's 50 litres rezervoar shrink for 5 litres. :D

I would like BMS enables storing 50 kWh instead 45.
Have you actually tested the car to see if the true energy capacity has been reduced?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
23,566 Posts
If there is a problem would you not want to be aware of it and fix it? 12% SOH loss in 6 months is not normal wear and tear, assuming this is what it is.
Well, the problem was people rarely dyno’d their car.

If they did many of them might have complained that the car didn’t deliver the power the manufacturers claimed.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
23,566 Posts
If there was an app and you'd lost 10% of your engine power you would return to the dealer and argue to get it fixed. But your comparing apples and oranges. If you found your petrol tank had a leak and although it would fill up you would only get to use 90% of it because the rest leaked out you would be right to the dealers and get it fixed. Losing 10% usable capacity in 6 months is hellish! Would you be happy if you lost 20+ miles range in summer (probably a lot more in winter)?
I think you’re confusing an estimate in an app with real facts.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,381 Posts
I think you’re confusing an estimate in an app with real facts.
The estimate from BMS directly affects what the car is allowed to use. So you see real world drop in range.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts