Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Which colour does the ZE50 look best in?

• Glacier White

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Quartz White

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Highland Grey

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Titanium Grey

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Celadon Blue

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Flame Red

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Aconite

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Diamond Black

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Zircon Blue

Votes: 17 26.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
B0C54ED3-FC9C-482C-BEB5-DE8942EC878D.jpeg

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
3,722 Posts
There isn't one. One of the reasons we went for the MG. SWMBO wanted a gold Zoe. If we'd gone for the a different Renault ICE, but we'd never have an ICE again, she could have had gold. Why won't manufacturers give you what you want.

Before you say gold isn't an MG ZS EV colour. We preferred a load of things over the Zoe.

Apologies @E7EV I'm taking my frustration with Renault out on you. I didn't mean to do that.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Difficult to be sure until I've seen one in the metal. Our ZE40 is Aconite (purple). A little disappointed when it arrived as it looks much darker than the picture above suggests. Looks good when the sun is shining on it though. Pity the sun doesn't shine more often. Our ZE50 will be Flame Red. Love the red that has been available on Clio/Captur/Kadjar for a few years now. I'm hoping Flame Red is similar.

·
Registered
266 Posts
There isn't one. One of the reasons we went for the MG. SWMBO wanted a gold Zoe. If we'd gone for the a different Renault ICE, but we'd never have an ICE again, she could have had gold. Why won't manufacturers give you what you want.

Before you say gold isn't an MG ZS EV colour. We preferred a load of things over the Zoe.

Apologies @E7EV I'm taking my frustration with Renault out on you. I didn't mean to do that.
With all the issues the MG has I’m sure you’ll wish you were back in a zoe. The MG is a flying brick of an ICE car with EV bits shoehorned in. Plus how anyone could put up with physical dials after having a proper EV is beyond me.

grey is the best colour! The red is nice but the kadjar red is better

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
3,722 Posts
With all the issues the MG has I’m sure you’ll wish you were back in a zoe. The MG is a flying brick of an ICE car with EV bits shoehorned in. Plus how anyone could put up with physical dials after having a proper EV is beyond me.

grey is the best colour! The red is nice but the kadjar red is better
I've had 2 Zoes now and whilst I've not been particularly disappointed with them I've never been particularly happy either. The ride is very harsh, the cabin is cramped. I have to sit on 2 cushions because the seat won't adjust any higher. The speaker in the passenger door rattles when the temperature goes into minus figures. The rain drips in when you open the door. The windscreen pillars obscure the view, every time I come to a sharp bend I have to bob my head about to see round them. It's has a lot of wind and tyre noise. It bangs and clatters whenever it goes along a rough road. The heater can be temperamental if you don't use it at a high temperature. You freeze when you use ECO, which doesn't increase the range a significant amount. I've been waiting for a better EV that I can afford to come along and now it's here. I had a ride on 3 flatbeds with Titanic. I've been messed around by Renault to the extent that I've had almost a £1000 worth of compensation from them.

You can tell I'm not a great fan of Renault, never was, but 4 years ago Zoe was the only EV I could afford and I desperately wanted to drive electric.

The MG may not be a diamond, but I prefer the ride. It's a darn sight quieter. It has ACC, emergency brake assist. The sit adjusts to a point where I don't need any cushions.

Anyway, for what it's worth. I would go with the Celadon Blue as my first Zoe was Iceberg Blue and current Zoe is Zircon Blue. The swatch for Aconite is nowhere near the true colour of the real thing.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
25,216 Posts
Thread title doesn't match poll question.

'Best' colour includes a cost based criterion, in my book. Other factors like, how dirty does it get, does it hide scratches and dents, etc..

I think it probably does look best in red, TBH. Just not £500 worth of 'better'.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
It certainly won't look better in white unless you're one of the wash and wax every Saturday morning brigade.

My Ioniq is white and it looks absolutely filthy about ten minutes after its been through the car wash.

·
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I’m surprised at the popularity of Aconite. 21% so far. And after 28 voters, Quartz White hasn’t got off the starting block!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Voted for Aconite as that’s the colour we ordered ours in...tossed up between that and the red, but in the end thought the purple would be more unusual.

·
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As I’ll be getting a ZE50 from evezy, I may get a choice of which colour I want. The cost will be the same, whichever hue I opt for. So the purpose of the poll is to see what shade others think does the Zoe the most justice.

·
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thread title doesn't match poll question.

'Best' colour includes a cost based criterion, in my book. Other factors like, how dirty does it get, does it hide scratches and dents, etc..

I think it probably does look best in red, TBH. Just not £500 worth of 'better'.
As I’ll be getting a ZE50 from evezy, I may get a choice of which colour I want. The cost will be the same, whichever hue I opt for. So the purpose of the poll is to see what shade others think does the Zoe the most justice.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts