Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine July 2020 (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav June 2017)
567 Posts
Why should I?
One reason you might choose to connect to the Renault servers is that I believe (not got our ZE50 yet) they have moved to over the air updates for the ZE50, getting rid of the old SD card swap rigmarole. They may well have released an update to Easylink that fixes the Bluetooth problem you are complaining about. I'd try (temporarily if you wish) connecting to the Renault servers and seeing if you get an update that fixes your Bluetooth problems.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
27,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
One reason you might choose to connect to the Renault servers is that I believe (not got our ZE50 yet) they have moved to over the air updates for the ZE50, getting rid of the old SD card swap rigmarole. They may well have released an update to Easylink that fixes the Bluetooth problem you are complaining about. I'd try (temporarily if you wish) connecting to the Renault servers and seeing if you get an update that fixes your Bluetooth problems.
.. or makes it worse .. and then also stuck with a pile of undesirable updates ever after?

·
Registered
891 Posts
It seems that you haven't authorised the car to connect to your phone when it asks, but you have connected you phone to the car at some point. Perhaps just 'forget' that Bluetooth connection, then your car won't see your phone and ask to connect, if it bothers you that it wants to connect each time you drive..

·
Registered
542 Posts
It’s probably an app issue as it works for me pretty faultlessly.

I wonder if it works if you load up the French version?
I'm not sure... I have a running complaint with them for the last 10 days where the IT side of Renault have been telling me the problem has been sorted out and i keep replying it isnt.. and it is resubmitted... complaint concerning app saying car is conditioning when in fact the car just sits there doing nothing.. also the discrepancy with the remaining miles shown on car and the remaining range on the app... but they say tech side till looking.. i know the app is comunicating with renault servers as distance driven is correct on both and when last driven etc.. I just think it's a coding problem with the servers communicating instructions to car... or car not acting on instructions received. Software update will eventually fix it, either car, app or server.

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,865 Posts
With all these comments, I’m beginning to wonder whether they’ll be any issues with the evezy app connecting to the ZE50. Currently, with my ZE40, it tells me the state of charge (updated over the air) and I can precondition the car for 15 minutes, and lock and unlock via Bluetooth.

I’m going to be beta testing a handsfree unlock app on my phone which will communicate with a battery operated device which will be kept in the glovebox. Not sure yet if this will be transferable to the ZE50 when I get it.

Reactions: burnt_crisps2

·
Registered
482 Posts
With all these comments, I’m beginning to wonder whether they’ll be any issues with the evezy app connecting to the ZE50. Currently, with my ZE40, it tells me the state of charge (updated over the air) and I can precondition the car for 15 minutes, and lock and unlock via Bluetooth.

I’m going to be beta testing a handsfree unlock app on my phone which will communicate with a battery operated device which will be kept in the glovebox. Not sure yet if this will be transferable to the ZE50 when I get it.
Of course there will it’s an Evezy beta, even their non-beta app doesn’t work that well.. 😂

·
27,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I fiddled around for a while and tried to delete everything on the phone and on the car. It seems to be now doing something 'more like' what it did before, so perhaps it was something to do with the pairing, not communication with Renault. Now to see if it stays happy over the next few days.

·
27,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I don’t think anyone’s implying it’s your fault, but I can’t see a reason why you don’t want to connect up all the services. Isn’t it worth doing? You never know, the messages might go then.
One step at a time. I am going to be handing this car back and I can imagine easily that once my phone gets paired, all h3ll is going to explode when I try to change the car!! ;)

21 - 40 of 52 Posts