Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

ZE50 - Can't Activate Programmed Charging

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Harry_Zoe 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I've made two attempts now to start a programmed charge, but couldn't get it to work. I set the timing in the car to delay the start by only about 10 minutes so I didn't have to wait too long. I could see the programme settings in the app, so that side of it seems ok. When the start time rolled around, nothing happened.

Immediate charging and postponed charging work fine, so it's just the programmed charging that's giving problems.

Any ideas?

#3 ·
Programmed charging has been working fine for me if set through the car. From the app I was able to change it to charge now, but not back to my schedule. I personally wasn't aware of charge scheduling issues, just the cabin conditioning - hopefully it is a known bug which will be picked up by the big firmware update we're due at the end of this month/start of next.

#4 ·
Mine has an issue where the day of off by one when I use the app (I cant recall which away, if its early or late). I don't set the charging schedules in the in the car itself, so not sure if it shares this issue with the app.

Hence, I now set up my scheduled charging for the time slot I need, but I mark it for each day of the week. That has been 100% reliable for me so far.

Give that a try, and let us know how it goes.

#7 ·
yes thanks, it was showing the lead/clock and I had turned the car off and left it for 5 mins either side of the scheduled start times. Didn't get a chance to try it this evening, will need to wait until tomorrow now. Also spoke to the dealer earlier, but the mechanic (and I quote) "hasn't read that part of the manual yet", so they just agreed to take a look at it when they check the rattly tailgate in a couple of weeks.

#9 ·
Looks like @DarkEV is onto something. The app isn't working this evening but I think I got some charge into it for around 10 mins before I killed it and started a manual charge because I need it full for tomorrow, it's chucking it down outside and I was in too much of a hurry to remember to check if the power supply was humming before I switched to a manual charge. The odd thing was that when I set up a pattern for 7 days the app indicated the first charge would be on Wednesday, when I had set it to come on "15 minutes from now" on Tuesday. Renault truly do have some special programmers on their team! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.