Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am unable to access any of the car info about consumption on the easylink. It is supposed to be reached via the ‘car info’ icon then the vehicle tab. All I get is an air quality icon - nothing else.
Is this a fault on my easy link, can anybody else access this info
Picture of my easylink below

·
Registered
ZOE GT Line R135 Z.E. 50, CCS
8 Posts
Mine is the same, and others confirmed theirs also lacks these options. Fingers crossed it comes in a future update, there's preciously little trip data / stats available to review at the moment.

I asked about it previously, you can see the thread here:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I did wonder if it is yet another unfinished project like the preconditioning
I have sent an email to the dealer to raise the issue.
It’s really disappointing that quite a lot of the advertised functionality is not available

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Raise the issue with Renault customer services.. the more that complain to them the better.
I will raise another complaint with customer services (already raised the preconditioning issue) I might ask for a refund as the product Is not as advertised😒

·
Zoe Devotee
9,190 Posts
Raise the issue with Renault customer services.. the more that complain to them the better.

The hundreds of early owners complained literally years to get the ability to open windows when charging with key in slot, we eventually got that. We never got the ability to use the heater without a number of work arounds during charging. So make of that what you will.

·
Registered
17,395 Posts
I will raise another complaint with customer services (already raised the preconditioning issue) I might ask for a refund as the product Is not as advertised😒
You won’t get that.

It works on EU cars, they just need someone to sort out the back end system that’s not working properly.

·
Registered
609 Posts
The hundreds of early owners complained literally years to get the ability to open windows when charging with key in slot, we eventually got that. We never got the ability to use the heater without a number of work arounds during charging. So make of that what you
Yeah it's very poor quality control... since I complained to the CEO of Renault UK regarding this app and the issues it has caused I have been informed that the complaint and actions are being monitored by one of the Directors... so hopefully it will push it along.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Customer services suggested that the missing car info might be because of the version of car I had. Apparently just because it’s advertised and in the handbook doesn’t mean your car has that functionality.
I have a GT line
So if I don’t have it who does?
Maybe I should have got a less expensive model as it might have more functionality 😂

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From customer services

I have confirmed the details regarding the icons available on your Easy Link under the "Car's info" section. Apparently the information on those icons should not have been added to the device's handbook, since they will not be available on this ZOE's new model. Therefore the details on the book guide will be removed. My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Basic functionality such as trip info and consumption graphs which were available on the original zoe are completely missing. The solution is to implement them not remove it from the guide book. Seems like poor communication from Renault here.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,190 Posts
Basic functionality such as trip info and consumption graphs which were available on the original zoe are completely missing. The solution is to implement them not remove it from the guide book. Seems like poor communication from Renault here.
Why would they remove these features though? Its weird, it worked on the previous model, so why not the new one. What are they hiding? Or do they know fine well its a very popular feature among Zoe owners so they'll add it at a later date as a costed "update"?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Why would they remove these features though? Its weird, it worked on the previous model, so why not the new one. What are they hiding? Or do they know fine well its a very popular feature among Zoe owners so they'll add it at a later date as a costed "update"?
I get the general feeling from the whole experience is that they have re-written the software from scratch and just rushed it out with half the bits missing and others not fully working.

MG - even with their first EV seem to be doing a better job on the software side by quite a margin.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,190 Posts
I get the general feeling from the whole experience is that they have re-written the software from scratch and just rushed it out with half the bits missing and others not fully working.

MG - even with their first EV seem to be doing a better job on the software side by quite a margin.
Less said about the MG effort, yup they've totally listened to their customer base and written a whole heap of updates based on owners findings/requests. And then promptly passed it off as all their own work and made it chargeable item, which is a cheeky. Would probably be accepted if they had passed it off as one MG price, but instead they've said the update is free but the time/cost at your dealer is dependent on how tech savvy your dealer is. Which is more than a little rubbish.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,190 Posts

Less said about the MG effort, yup they've totally listened to their customer base and written a whole heap of updates based on owners findings/requests. And then promptly passed it off as all their own work and made it chargeable item, which is a cheeky. Would probably be accepted if they had passed it off as one MG price, but instead they've said the update is free but the time/cost at your dealer is dependent on how tech savvy your dealer is. Which is more than a little rubbish.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Had the 2nd Feedback now from since I complained to the CEO of Renault UK on 30th June and my case was escalated with a director being able to monitor.
They are aware that feedback from these communications will be posted on this forum.

The information given is from an email sent from the Tech Dept in France sent 3rd July to Renault UK

1) with regard to the mileage discrepancy shown between the car and the app regarding remaining range, this is in test now and if works ok will be pushed to users next week (possibly this week if original email was 3rd July)

2) Conditioning is being worked on but no date as yet for Fix. The email mentioned weeks.

Keep you posted

·
Registered
38 Posts
1) with regard to the mileage discrepancy shown between the car and the app regarding remaining range, this is in test now and if works ok will be pushed to users next week (possibly this week if original email was 3rd July)
This ties up with the various reports from RZOC, lots of people mentioned the milage was working properly in the app last week and mine started reporting correctly over the weekend as well.

·
Registered
609 Posts
This ties up with the various reports from RZOC, lots of people mentioned the milage was working properly in the app last week and mine started reporting correctly over the weekend as well.
Mine still not working correctly.. are you android or ios

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine still not working correctly.. are you android or ios
iOS but the app didn’t have an update before it started working. The mileage was reporting wrong from 3 sources, the MY Renault app, the Zeddy app and the pyze Python APi which makes me think it’s a fix at their end and nothing to do with the app or car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts