Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plugged in the Zoe last night to charge via the ohme charger. Battery was on about 60% so programmed ohme to add about 35% before 7am at the cheapest Agile rates. (which there were plenty last night below 8p/kWh.)
Woke up this morning to find it stopped before 7am on only 85%.
Does the charging automatically stop at 85%? I can't find anything in the manual that says about it.
Unplugged and set the charger to dumb charging and plugged in again and charging fine.

·
Registered
668 Posts
On the car I don't think I've seen any way to limit the charge... it just goes on untill the power stops flowing or it reaches 100%

·
Registered
38 Posts
No, there is no way of programming it to stop at a certain percentage. That said, I did experience this happening in my ZE40 several times randomly. It was always after a long journey when I arrived home with a low SoC, it would stop before 100%, usually somewhere around 70/80% - I could go into the app and press "start charge" and it would resume and continue to 100%. Didn't always happen but luckily when it did I always had enough range for the next day.

Here is one example where it stopped early:

Another one when it did the same but I woke up in the middle of the night and checked on it in the app, manually resumed the charge.

It's unlikely I would notice this now though as I only charge in the 4 hours overnight on Octopus Go.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think I found what it might be. I had the settings on the ohme to "Optimise for Battery Life" which appears to restrict charging when it goes above 80%.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The majority of EVs don’t charge at full speed beyond 80%.

Its to prevent battery damage. Also, a good reason to get off the rapid charger when you’re upto 80%... you’re gaining nothing and slowing everyone else down 😁

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The majority of EVs don’t charge at full speed beyond 80%.

Its to prevent battery damage. Also, a good reason to get off the rapid charger when you’re upto 80%... you’re gaining nothing and slowing everyone else down 😁
As per the OP this was on our ohme charger at home; nothing to do with charging on a rapid charger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts