Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since yesterday afternoon I've not had any update on the My Renault app, and this morning I noticed the weather widget wasn't working. In the connected services bit it says "disconnected", and there's no IMEI number.

Any ideas how I reset this, or do I need to contact Renault?

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
1,663 Posts
Disconnect the 12v battery for a short period of time and then it should work again. Same can be achieved with the pulling of a fuse but I don't think anyone has confirmed which fuse it is in the ZE50.

If my suggestion doesn't work then it will most likely be a dealer job.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
427 Posts
i think my 22kw zoe hasnt had a service at all today as well - it seems a lot of times disconnected - i dont know if there servers are any good or not, network seems spends more time not working than working

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think my 22kw zoe hasnt had a service at all today as well - it seems a lot of times disconnected - i dont know if there servers are any good or not, network seems spends more time not working than working
Could be that. I was prepared to try the battery disconnect mentioned above, but my service decided to work when I got back to it! Was off for at least 16 hours, and maybe as many as 24.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Mine doesn’t seem to be updating either, maybe a server issue? It’s still showing old info from before I charged today.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,053 Posts
Anyone here long enough will know the connected services were always a bit flakey.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Mine was back up and running yesterday, maybe a server update or something similar.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm, so this seems to break consistently on Tuesday night and be off all day Wednesday!
Has happened for the last three weeks now...

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Ours is working fine. There was a bit of a glitch around 7am yesterday (Tues), but it only lasted a few minutes - perhaps related to the number of people turning on pre-heat around then? Apart from that, not seen any issues with it and it works fine. Have you tried removing you car from the app and then adding it back in again? Its weird that youre seeing this only on certain days of the week.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ours is working fine. There was a bit of a glitch around 7am yesterday (Tues), but it only lasted a few minutes - perhaps related to the number of people turning on pre-heat around then? Apart from that, not seen any issues with it and it works fine. Have you tried removing you car from the app and then adding it back in again? Its weird that youre seeing this only on certain days of the week.
@ArthurGreenWorld mentioned in another thread that this has been happening to a few people.

I tend to use the car Tuesday and Wednesday along with charging it overnight Tues/Wed so when the app isn't working I'm cursing the car for not charging until I realise! It may be happening other days too but I'm less likely to notice when I'm not using it. Along with the app not updating, the weather widget showing no data is pretty obvious too (this was the giveaway today, and a look at the app shows last update time as 9pm along with the amount of charge I had before I plugged it in)

·
Registered
795 Posts
@ArthurGreenWorld mentioned in another thread that this has been happening to a few people.

I tend to use the car Tuesday and Wednesday along with charging it overnight Tues/Wed so when the app isn't working I'm cursing the car for not charging until I realise! It may be happening other days too but I'm less likely to notice when I'm not using it. Along with the app not updating, the weather widget showing no data is pretty obvious too (this was the giveaway today, and a look at the app shows last update time as 9pm along with the amount of charge I had before I plugged it in)
Mine disconnected either late Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning.. it reconnected again between 7-9pm that Wednesday night.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mine disconnected either late Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning.. it reconnected again between 7-9pm that Wednesday night.
It always seems to be down for around 24 hours, and has started a couple of hours later each week. I've just sent a message through the website (can't see any email address any more) giving them all the details I have, so hopefully it'll be investigated.

·
Registered
795 Posts
It always seems to be down for around 24 hours, and has started a couple of hours later each week. I've just sent a message through the website (can't see any email address any more) giving them all the details I have, so hopefully it'll be investigated.
I call them on this number is the navigation and multimedia service line.. give them a call and raise it as an issue.. 03443690000

·
Registered
ZOE 50 Intens + CCS, Flamme Red
99 Posts
I have some issues with Network status. While data sharing was ON and icon on top right shows it's on but with no particular reason Network status has changed randomly from Connected, Disconnected and even Unavailable.
I reported issue to Customer service and after day or two they informed me the technicians find solution and the service centre will call me to sort issue.
So, I'm waiting a phone call.
:whistle::coffee::sleep:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have some issues with Network status. While data sharing was ON and icon on top right shows it's on but with no particular reason Network status has changed randomly from Connected, Disconnected and even Unavailable.
I reported issue to Customer service and after day or two they informed me the technicians find solution and the service centre will call me to sort issue.
So, I'm waiting a phone call.
:whistle::coffee::sleep:
My 50 has worked perfectly since I collected it in December, but yesterday it lost connection (shows the car icon with the X above). Still isn't working this morning, I wonder if it'll sort itself out or I'll have to start messing with fuses to try and reboot it...

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I find its more down to the app crashing than the car losing connection. When you get the red x like that, fully close the app and re-open it. It often resolves the problem.

·
Registered
795 Posts
When mine stops working the app isn't running.. I usually notice the car widget for weather and location hasn't updated and is blank, then when I check network it's disconnected.. starting the app shows the last time the car was used or at least communicated with Renault.
I have rebooted phone etc but no effect.

·
Registered
ZOE 50 Intens + CCS, Flamme Red
99 Posts
I find its more down to the app crashing than the car losing connection. When you get the red x like that, fully close the app and re-open it. It often resolves the problem.
So to clarify.
Regarding ZOE 50, we can talk about four issues:
1. The My Renault app works or doesn't work,
2. The connection between the car and the My Renault app works or doesn't work
3. Data exchange is ON or OFF and and
4. The network status can be Unavailable, Disconnected or Connected.

# 1
If you have installed the app properly and created your account, then the app definitely works.

# 2
If Data sharing (#3) is ON, the car is connected to the network (#4), the VIN is entered into the app, the sent code is entered into the app, the app and the car will connect (within 72 hours at the latest, although this usually happens immediately).
However, it happens sometimes the app is useless due to the failure of the Renault server and app screen is something like this:

# 3
You can turn Data sharing on or off. It must be turned on for the car-app connection to work.

# 4
We have no influence on Network status. It can be Connected, Disconnected or Unavailable.

And I have problems with Network status. Without changing # 1 or/and # 2 or/and # 3 or/and car position ... Network status changes into one of three status on its own.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
When mine stops working the app isn't running.. I usually notice the car widget for weather and location hasn't updated and is blank, then when I check network it's disconnected.. starting the app shows the last time the car was used or at least communicated with Renault.
I have rebooted phone etc but no effect.
This is exactly what I'm seeing.

I had a reply from Renault today, they've asked for some extra details, screenshots etc, which I've sent over.

Currently my app says car status updated 11pm Wednesday, car plugged in. Car hasn't been plugged in since Wednesday morning, so not sure where it got that from!

I don't think it has been working properly since Tuesday afternoon.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts