Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m sure there was a post on this but it has gone.

anyone fitted a dash cam to their ZE50? Any ideas which fuses best to tap for both switched and perm live?

·
Registered
46 Posts
There was, my thread, anyone know where it's gone? Was it removed for some reason?

I'm happy to post the information again but it would be useful to know why it was removed first? Who's in charge here?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,127 Posts
Thanks for reposting this. I've made my own copy now, just in case your post disappears again! (y)
Also just ordered the official hardwire kit for my Garmin 66W dashcam

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for reposting this. I've made my own copy now, just in case your post disappears again! (y)
Also just ordered the official hardwire kit for my Garmin 66W dashcam
Oh nice I’ve just picked up the same cam, thinking about a Garmin mini to act as a rear camera but not sure how to power it

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Oh nice I’ve just picked up the same cam, thinking about a Garmin mini to act as a rear camera but not sure how to power it
This is the cable I got

You'll like it, especially when it bongs to warn you of an upcoming speed camera you didn't know about!

I've been considering adding a mini too...
As there's no power in the boot beyond the courtesy light, I've been thinking of sneaking a cable through or under the rear seat to one of the rear USB sockets.
You won't get "parking mode" that way, but it should sync to the front cam & your phone just as nicely.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
This is the cable I got

You'll like it, especially when it bongs to warn you of an upcoming speed camera you didn't know about!

I've been considering adding a mini too...
As there's no power in the boot beyond the courtesy light, I've been thinking of sneaking a cable through or under the rear seat to one of the rear USB sockets.
You won't get "parking mode" that way, but it should sync to the front cam & your phone just as nicely.
yeah picked up the same cable in Halfords today as only £20 there

That’s what I was thinking running the usb under the carpet and up the rear

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,161 Posts
So if I wanted to install a rear facing dash cam into my evezy ZE50 for my own security, how could I do it. Wouldn’t want to start lifting trim to hide cables. Don’t mind if leads trail as rarely anyone in the back.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So if I wanted to install a rear facing dash cam into my evezy ZE50 for my own security, how could I do it. Wouldn’t want to start lifting trim to hide cables. Don’t mind if leads trail as rarely anyone in the back.
l’ve installed mine recently with a rear camera, I’ll make a post about it tomorrow. It’s dead easy in the Zoe, you only have to lift up the rubber seals which are only push fit and you can get the cables pretty much anywhere you want.

UPDATE: I've created a more in-depth post about my installation: ZE50 Dash Cam Hard Wiring Guide - VIOFO A129 Pro Duo

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Coincidentally, my local Argos has reopened, and had the Garmin Mini in stock. Ordered for collection later today.
I'll document the installation for this thread.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Coincidentally, my local Argos has reopened, and had the Garmin Mini in stock. Ordered for collection later today.
I'll document the installation for this thread.
oh nice look forward to it, I have one in my amazon basket ready to pull the trigger depending on your install lol

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
This may take a while. Got home with the Mini & I can't connect to it with the phone app.
It keeps giving a memory card error too. 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The dashcam is fine. Installing an update to it now.
The card had died. Got a replacement card reserved for the morning.
I got a 64gb Sandisk Endurance from Amazon for £8.45, might be worth a go if they still have it at that price, as will likely come tomorrow if you have prime

1 - 17 of 17 Posts