Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

221 - 240 of 246 Posts

·
evezy referral code d6540
2,865 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Speak to someone else at the insurance company, it shouldn't be an issue.
If I had been desperate for a car this week I probably would have, but it wouldn’t have been used anyway until next week so no big loss. What insurance would you guys recommend? Currently with direct line and was thinking of switching to LV when the current policy finishes in October. They’re the same price but LV include some extra stuff specifically for EVs.

·
Registered
Leaf 40 and Zoe ZE50
69 Posts
If I had been desperate for a car this week I probably would have, but it wouldn’t have been used anyway until next week so no big loss. What insurance would you guys recommend? Currently with direct line and was thinking of switching to LV when the current policy finishes in October. They’re the same price but LV include some extra stuff specifically for EVs.
I have just renewed with LV for both our Leaf and Zoe.

My renewal was £50 more than the previous year but after a quick call with them to see if they could do any better, they dropped the price by £30. This made it comparable with other insurers that I had already researched on, but, as you say, you do get more EV related extras with LV.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ordered our Iconic R110 Rapid Charge on 20th June 2020, picked it up this week. Used the checklist others posted on this forum and everything was covered. Fortunately, does not appear to have the rattle on the tailgate. With Aviva for insurance, transferred from traded in 2011 Fiat Panda and only £29 extra for the half year. Will consider LV when due for renewal as we now have 2 EV's.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,950 Posts
Just sorted insurance £280 form admiral, so not bad
Seems CV19 has had an impact on lowering premiums?

I mean my policy went up to change from Zoe to MG, then I had a bump, which was fixed, but I still got a refund for miles not covered on my policy and next renewal looks to be @£50 cheaper, with a claim against me for the next 5 years.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Seems CV19 has had an impact on lowering premiums?

I mean my policy went up to change from Zoe to MG, then I had a bump, which was fixed, but I still got a refund for miles not covered on my policy and next renewal looks to be @£50 cheaper, with a claim against me for the next 5 years.
Ze50 was cheaper than the last time I insured a 22 zoe lol

·
Registered
189 Posts
So I finally called into the Enfield dealers and collected ‘LACY’ this afternoon, and what a super little car with none of the issues that have been listed on here! 😃 The one problem is the home charger will only connect for around 5 seconds max then cut off. Will call Chargemaster in the morning.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #231

·
Registered
482 Posts
Mine was delivered this morning by Zen Auto, came on back of lorry, the red looks great in person!

they also gave me two sets of mats, one Renault set in boot and one unbranded in car lol

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Heard the sum of sweet FA from whichever dealer has been charged with delivering my car on my preferred date of 3 August...

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT Line with CCS
72 Posts
Well, today I picked up my new ZE50 GT Line Rapid Charge from @Badger in Black at DSG Morecombe. Made the initial contact on May 31st, via Twitter, and was contacted last Sunday (July 19th) to say that the car had arrived at DSG. I travelled down by train from Glasgow this morning, picked up the car and drove to Stockport to spend the weekend with my young daughter. I left with 217 miles, and after 70 miles I have 155 miles left...magnificent. The ex- is getting the ZE40 next month...as soon as I train her in charging it, and to understand that her left foot will be redundant when driving a Zoe.

The buying process via RCI was all pretty straightforward, and my thanks to @Badger in Black for keeping me informed all the way through. When I first placed the order I was expecting a delivery time of 4 to 5 months but I was told when the car was leaving the factory etc. The proposed delivery was July 16th...so pretty accurate. It's all true, DSG are worth dealing with, and head & shoulders above Arnold Clark.....and DSG don't plaster your car with advertising stickers. And it was fully charged when I got it :D

Alas, I should also apologise to @Badger in Black as in my haste I forgot to remove my face mask when I met him. I wasn't being rude, I simply forgot as, being a Scot, we've had the face mask rules/advice for quite a while now....and I had been wearing mine for 4 hours so I didn't even realise it was still on.

Am I enjoying the car? Simply put, yes. I look forward to charging it up at Lancaster Park & Ride on Sunday evening using the CCS, and challenging myself to driving the 170 miles to my home non-stop.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Fun Fact:- I've had mine around 7 weeks now, and have yet to see another ZE50 on the road.
😂 That is very true. Took a trip up to Hunstanton (180 mile round trip) and didn't see another Zoe at all! For anyone who's been there they probably know how busy that route is. On a side note, tried out a few charge points and I'm pleased to say the remote pre-conditioning from the app works as well :D

221 - 240 of 246 Posts