Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

161 - 180 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
My first EV and I am so impressed already.
I didn't see anyone welcome you to the forum and congratulate you on your delivery - Congrats!!
I wish you many non-polluting miles once this lockdown eases from a 1 year ZE40 owner in Glasgow!
Looks like they installed the charge point more neatly at yours than they did at mine too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I received word today from my car salesman, who had been back for just 2 days from furlough, that my ZE50 ordered first week of march, will be leaving the factory on the 8th June!
I was actually surprised at this, thought it may be much later, but happy nonetheless!
Anyone know how long it takes to get from factory to UK dealer??

I now have word that the car is in Southampton with delivery date expected 6th July! :D
#soon :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Its Mackie motors in Brechin Scotland. On tonight's news PM hinted some restrictions may be lifted for businesses so maybe more dealers will be opening soon too.
Couldn't see a follow up post to say when your car actually arrived?
Mine is currently in Southampton too, going to Edinburgh, so would expect similar sort of delivery timing?

Looking forward to driving it back up the road to Aberdeen upon collecting :)

·
Registered
ZE50 R135 Iconic Rapid Charge - Flame Red - due April 2020 :-)
5 Posts
I didn't see anyone welcome you to the forum and congratulate you on your delivery - Congrats!!
I wish you many non-polluting miles once this lockdown eases from a 1 year ZE40 owner in Glasgow!
Looks like they installed the charge point more neatly at yours than they did at mine too.
Thank you. We all have a lot on our mnds at the moment, so that's understandable.
I've managed about 70 miles in it now from visiting my son once a week (5 miles away and back) and getting click and collect from the supermarket. It just feels better every time I get in it - even for these short drives.
Talking of my son, he also has a 1 year old ZE40 like you - it's what inspired me to look at the ZE50 and buy one.
I worked with the charge point installer (without getting in his way), and kept him well supplied with coffee and sandwiches. I'm sure that inspired him to do a good job. (y)

·
Registered
463 Posts
DSG delivered my ZE50 GTline CCS to me last Monday.. Had her for a week now and she is so much better than the Ze40 Dynamique Nav she replaced... only issues ive noticed is the the slight tailgate noise reported on other postings, it's hardly noticeable but there and on my connected services contracts the lifetime firmware updates is still shown as pending after 7 days.. everything else seems good... oh and no speed cameras on my maps...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Still no word on my wife’s. Promised delivery last Thursday. Truck was all booked. Car ready for a week at that point.

But paperwork still sitting at RCI as yet unprocessed. Not looking good for this week either at the mo.

Big backlog apparently and only a few people to push it about.
Not the dealer’s fault. They’re doing their best.

If you leased or PCP’d and your car’s at the dealer but delivery delayed, this could well be the reason.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Couldn't see a follow up post to say when your car actually arrived?
Mine is currently in Southampton too, going to Edinburgh, so would expect similar sort of delivery timing?

Looking forward to driving it back up the road to Aberdeen upon collecting :)
It just arrived at Mackie motors Brechin yesterday, I am collecting it tomorrow morning, was going to be delivered but after being at the dealer last week for the Q90 service (wife's getting the Q90) I feel ok now about collecting it.
Hope you get word on yours soon if its not already with the dealer (y)

·
Registered
67 Posts
An unexpected call this lunchtime...

seems the Zoe has arrived at the dealership this morning!

we need to call Friday to finish the paperwork, and collect 9 am Saturday

need to sort the insurance out, Renaults own insurance is £660, according to dealer. Aviva, Direct Line and the Meerkat come in at between £310 and £350...will probably go with Aviva, SWMBO was covered with them when she had a small prang last year and the claims service was excellent..

happy days 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
27,021 Posts
I went through topcashback and selected the £32 discount for gocompare.

GoCompare then also offered to provide 'free excess cover', their offer was they'd pay any compulsory excesses if I took the policy there and then.

The best price was Admiral at £245.

Wow. So, effectively, £212 and no excess .... one of the cheapest insurance policies (after 'bonuses') I have ever had!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Paperwork signed online this morning. Truck hopefully being booked for Tuesday delivery.

Had a bit of a wobble this morning when a bunch of cheap e-208 GTs appeared online, but the Zoe’s overall interior space and superior range won the argument.

There’s a fairly reasonable break clause in RCI’s lease agreement too which will be helpful when the car the Mrs really wants arrives.

After a long wait, looking forward to the little Zoe turning up now!

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
27,021 Posts
Paperwork signed online this morning. Truck hopefully being booked for Tuesday delivery.

Had a bit of a wobble this morning when a bunch of cheap e-208 GTs appeared online
How cheap?

·
Registered
313 Posts
How cheap?
GT: Metallic paint 12k miles a year, 2 year lease, £8,200 over the whole term
They’re now out of stock. Factory build which they admit the wait could be as long as into next year given current uncertainties.

GT Line: £7,200 with the same parameters.
Grey, red and pearl white in stock.

Zoe GT Line deal we have is the same price as the 208 GT Line....but included in our Zoe deal are the heated seats and steering wheel.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT Line
12 Posts
Once you get the car, you press the 'Connect' button on the main screen, agree to all the scary legal stuff, then wait 24-48 hrs whilst your contracts are set up. Then you can add the car to your app, following the steps in the app. You need to be in the car to do this, as the car will display a code which you type into the app to link them.
Now I’ve got the car I’ve not been able to “connect”. I’ve called customer services at Renault and also tried the dealer who got the car for me and they don’t know how to help!

One thing I’ve noticed is that the data sharing option in the connection menu is greyed out, see picture. Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I had same issue a couple of weeks ago when I got mine.. I went into the settings.. car info.. system then did a factory reset...
It seemed to work for me the little icon at the top right changed and shows arrows up and down meaning it's sending and receiving data.
I read somewhere as well on here that you should not have Bluetooth enabled on phone while trying to connect the app when you are sitting in the car.

161 - 180 of 203 Posts