Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Zoe 50 GTLine
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ZE50 UK spec. As there are a few customer cars around now I thought I would ask if it's just my car or all UK 'first edition' cars. It's a GTLine.
No Radar - so no AEB. As expected.
There is a button marked ECO. Does nothing. No ECO mode on the main display etc. Come to that no 'on led' on the switch when it's depressed.
'Suggestion/Notification' page blank. May not be a problem - prehaps there are no suggestions.
VESS/Pedestrian warning noise. You can switch the space ship landing noise on or off. Hold the switch down and it should scroll through various sounds. Oh no it doesn't. Hold it down for approx. 20secs and the switch led flashes and that's it. You have to open/close/open the car to stop the flashing.
During charging - no 'battery fill rate' displayed. I was expecting 7.2KW ish - actual rate looks like 6.6KW. Quick note - the selected tab determins the current mode i.e. either Immediate, Posponed or Programmed, I managed to set up the times and then leave it in Posponed instead of Programmed.
Vampire volts - looks like it's loosing 1% ish per day.
There is a sensor next to the front camera - any idea what it does?
Has anyone any idea where the Traction battery (SOH, temp, voltage) stats are?
12V battery status?
Journey Stats?

And yes I have read the book - not very good is it. MultiSense or NonSense?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was in a GT Line and the pedestrian warning only changed after the vehicle was moved forward. It did not change if you just started the car. Don't get too excited it seems to only change the key up and down. My 2017 Zoe has 3 different sounds.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was in a GT Line and the pedestrian warning only changed after the vehicle was moved forward. It did not change if you just started the car. Don't get too excited it seems to only change the key up and down. My 2017 Zoe has 3 different sounds.
Yep, I was sat for ages trying to get it to work before it clicked I had to move the car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Eco does show on dashboard on mine, don't think there was a light on the switch.

Couldn't find any charge/usage stats so far. Bit disappointed if there aren't any.

·
Registered
Zoe 50 GTLine
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update - VESS. Doesn't work in reverse. As far as I can remember it is illegal to switch it off. Will check the regs.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Update - VESS. Doesn't work in reverse. As far as I can remember it is illegal to switch it off. Will check the regs.
As far as I know, it's always been illegal in the UK for most vehicles (the exceptions being vans and lorries) to have a beeper switched on when they move in reverse gear. I think it's a feature of the UK spec, to meet the UK regs, that the ZOE here doesn't emit a noise in reverse.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,578 Posts
Only heavy goods vehicles, delivery and buses and the like are allowed an artificial reversing sound. Thats why EVs don't do it.

·
Registered
13,910 Posts
Only heavy goods vehicles, delivery and buses and the like are allowed an artificial reversing sound. Thats why EVs don't do it.
Although weirdly the Prius would beep at you when reversing, but only on the internal speakers.

But you could hear it from the outside because it was silent. :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
But doesn't the Ioniq beep on the external speaker while you're reversing? I'm almost certain I remember the last one I hired did this.

·
Registered
Zoe 50 GTLine
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had a quick look for the regs:
From July 1, 2019, all new types of electric and hybrid vehicles in the European Union (EU) must be equipped with an Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System (AVAS).
The new regulation makes it compulsory to have acoustic systems within electric road vehicles for pedestrians, and especially visually impaired persons to more easily hear electric cars approach.
AVAS systems generate a sound when electric road vehicles are reversing or running below 20 km/h (about 12mph).

As for ECO mode - Mea Culpa. No LED to signal it's on, but there is ECO displayed in green just above the 'mph' bit. Todays outing 4.2 to Morrisons. An hour later 4.0 on the way back in ECO mode. Will ignore the switch from now onwards.

·
Registered
13,910 Posts
Had a quick look for the regs:
From July 1, 2019, all new types of electric and hybrid vehicles in the European Union (EU) must be equipped with an Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System (AVAS).
The new regulation makes it compulsory to have acoustic systems within electric road vehicles for pedestrians, and especially visually impaired persons to more easily hear electric cars approach.
AVAS systems generate a sound when electric road vehicles are reversing or running below 20 km/h (about 12mph).

As for ECO mode - Mea Culpa. No LED to signal it's on, but there is ECO displayed in green just above the 'mph' bit. Todays outing 4.2 to Morrisons. An hour later 4.0 on the way back in ECO mode. Will ignore the switch from now onwards.
Yeah, it says ‘equipped with’ doesn’t mean you have to have it turned on. :)

I think ECO mode just turns down the HVAC power and limits top speed to 60.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts