Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I ordered back in mid March, and have been told a delivery day of early July, mid July, third week of July and now the 28th of July - I got the paperwork for the finance saying the 28th last week. However, dealer can not commit to this date being set it stone as there are lots of delays at the moment. Is anyone else in the same position as me?
Is it likely I will receive the car around that time now that the finance documents have that date stated? Or am I likely to be pushed back another week, another week etc etc. If it gets to the point where I have signed the paperwork but the car is not delivered before the new reg plates come in, what happens then?

Many thanks!

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,287 Posts
Evezy have a batch of 300 Zoes due to be delivered end of July/beginning of August. Maybe they’re clogging up Renault’s Southampton Import Centre. Hopefully one of those is for me!!

Reactions: burnt_crisps2

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Evezy have a batch of 300 Zoes due to be delivered end of July/beginning of August. Maybe they’re clogging up Renault’s Southampton Import Centre. Hopefully one of those is for me!!
Interesting, perhaps mine is also on this shipment...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Mine was due May, then June and is now booked for delivery this week, I would think 28th is more than possible.

there are only a finite amount to car transporters and HGV drivers in the UK and a massive backlog due to Covid hasn’t helped

·
Registered
650 Posts
I doubt 300 is clogging anything in an import centre that deals with 1000s of cars....

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm in the same position, paperwork said delivery date middle July and had Reg number on the form. So got insurance out for that date. No contact from dealer, a couple of days before delivery day I rang up dealer and they said the paperwork details are just a marker and they still couldn't give a delivery date.

So had to cancel insurance and still waiting. Got to say communication from the dealer has been awful. I know the situation doesn't help, but I've had no updates from them, only when I've rang them up.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The dealers did tell me that when new buyers (as in now) are given a delivery date of October they seem a bit shocked. But when an explanation of the sheer backlog has been given the seem to understand. The delivery is also dependent on where your car might be situated at Southampton or wherever else for example. I've also been told delivery to dealers from the docks is running 7 day a week to try and catch up, which can be hampered with room at the dealers to store the vehicles. Talk about a chain reaction!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in the same position, paperwork said delivery date middle July and had Reg number on the form. So got insurance out for that date. No contact from dealer, a couple of days before delivery day I rang up dealer and they said the paperwork details are just a marker and they still couldn't give a delivery date.

So had to cancel insurance and still waiting. Got to say communication from the dealer has been awful. I know the situation doesn't help, but I've had no updates from them, only when I've rang them up.
Very interesting, I think you and I might be in much the same situation then. You have to think that our vehicles are in the same batch. The last piece of information I got was the car has been built and is on route to the dealer; but this could mean many things. They can't tell me if the car is in the country!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
We signed our paperwork the day before collection - it’s done electronically so no need to do it way ahead,you can just do it once you know the dealer definitely has the car and has agreed a handover date with you.

·
Registered
264 Posts
That's strange; we only ordered our Zoe in June and picked it up last week.
Very lucky as ours was order early Feb and looks like delivery to us will be the end of this month. What speeded you get?

·
3,287 Posts
I doubt 300 is clogging anything in an import centre that deals with 1000s of cars....
True but I was thinking that they go straight to customers from there without going to a dealership. So unless another company comes and takes them somewhere else, they would need a full PDI, registration, dash cam and hardware fitted. That would be quite labour intensive, even though only 300 vehicles.

Reactions: burnt_crisps2

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’ve had my GTline on order since Feb 11th with a delivery date of Mid May. Due to Covid it’s apparently it now just arrived at the dealers so should be seeing it later this week. I know the Fins plant where their made started back up in early May on a reduced production line, so when you factor in the initial backlog and the new backlog caused by all the ones that weren’t made between March and mid May it’s probably about right

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,347 Posts
True but I was thinking that they go straight to customers from there without going to a dealership. So unless another company comes and takes them somewhere else, they would need a full PDI, registration, dash cam and hardware fitted. That would be quite labour intensive, even though only 300 vehicles.
For private sales, PDI is done at the dealership.

·
3,287 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,347 Posts
I understood, perhaps erroneously, that a partial PDI was done at the Import Centre, and then another one by the dealer before handing to the customer. Can @humphreythepug or @Badger in Black confirm this?
Actually, you're right. Checking my documentation, I found PDI checklists from both the import centre and the dealership.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Morning all, so I can report that took delivery of the car on the 31st of July, so estimates were a couple of days out. Person who delivered the car said that the backlog was almost fully sorted now and expected normal operation to resume within the next few days...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Once again no update from the dealer for over 2 weeks, very poor.

I think they are hoping I cancel the order as it is about £40pm more expensive now for the same spec car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Once again no update from the dealer for over 2 weeks, very poor.

I think they are hoping I cancel the order as it is about £40pm more expensive now for the same spec car.
Interesting, it is very frustrating - you would think if I got mine, which recently came off the boat so to speak and the backlog has almost been cleared you don't have long to wait now...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts