Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Zoe ZE50 135 GT Line
641 Posts
Is the pre heat minimum percentage when not plugged in still 25% like the ZE40?
Yes, it’s 25%. To be honest there’s no reason why they can’t reduce this further.

What are the auto wipers like? Do they work ok without much interference ie you can leave them on auto and they tend to work?
I’ve found the wiper auto function superb, I’ve got the sensitivity setting in the middle. The auto lights work very well also.

It also has a blind spot function. Does this actually work?
This seems to work ok but I do seem to get spurious indications when driving through very wet conditions.

Are the maps kept up to date easily?
Maps seem to be very good and upto date. Navigation and route planning works very well with live traffic in my opinion.

I'm assuming it is still impossible to have the heater on while charging and be sat in the car and warm/cool with the infotainment on for more than 10 minutes at a time?
I haven’t quite worked this one out yet. Last time I tried it i only got cold air blowing at me! 🤷🏽

There's some mention in the user manual of 360 cameras.
This isn’t a function on the Zoe as far as I know.

·
Registered
Elmo Referral: AdamT50 (£50 off one month for both of us)
395 Posts
The ZE40 was definitely 25%. Bit annoying it's 40% on new one.
Mine needs 40% to precondition using the button on the App, though if preconditioning is scheduled on the car it will still do it down to 25% or so.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 Intens R135
19 Posts
Mine needs 40% to precondition using the button on the App, though if preconditioning is scheduled on the car it will still do it down to 25% or so.
That is my experience as well. The app seems to be hard coded to 40% or above and 21C temperature.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
It's worth noting that the app will let you do it to 25% if you're quick enough. The precondition button isn't greyed out immediately after opening the app, but maybe half a second afterwards. If you have more than 25 but less than 40, just keep repeatedly pressing the part of your screen where the button is the instant you open, and it will start.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
It's worth noting that the app will let you do it to 25% if you're quick enough. The precondition button isn't greyed out immediately after opening the app, but maybe half a second afterwards. If you have more than 25 but less than 40, just keep repeatedly pressing the part of your screen where the button is the instant you open, and it will start.
Lol. I remember when cars didn't have to be tricked into doing what you wanted!

No wonder us oldies struggle with this "advanced" technology the young 'uns keep inventing. Code probably written by some poor unpaid intern who thought gamifying the precon would be "fun" for the users :) (at least, that's how Octopus seem to have written their API!)

·
Registered
Elmo Referral: AdamT50 (£50 off one month for both of us)
395 Posts
I also use the Zeddy app and it has support for the iOS Shortcuts app and one of the things you can control with it is the preconditioning, which I've found will sometimes work if the car is below 40% but above 25%.

So I can say "Hey Siri, Warm the Car" and it asks the car to precondition. Well half the time Siri thinks I've said "Worm the Cat" but hey ho.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts