Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 GT-Line with CCS in Aconite
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving at night I am continuously getting flashed by oncoming drivers who think I have full beam lights on when I don’t and to show them that I don’t I flash them back.

I have lowered the lights using the button but believe that’s all I can do? Is anyone experiencing the same behaviour towards the bright headlights?

·
Registered
300 Posts
You need to to check the alignment. Is it under warranty? If so, dealer...!

If not, find a completely level surface with a wall in front of it. Park half a meter away and mark the height of the beam.

Reverse back 10M and the beam should now be between 10 and 12cm lower than it was earlier (the exact number is written on the headlamp assembly - presented as a percentage - 1% to 1.2% for example).

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 GT-Line with CCS in Aconite
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to to check the alignment. Is it under warranty? If so, dealer...!

If not, find a completely level surface with a wall in front of it. Park half a meter away and mark the height of the beam.

Reverse back 10M and the beam should now be between 10 and 12cm lower than it was earlier (the exact number is written on the headlamp assembly - presented as a percentage - 1% to 1.2% for example).
Thanks! I will give it a go...I did find a table in the manual regarding the 0-3 settings as well regarding the adjustment levels

·
Registered
38 Posts
Usefully, the current position is indicated for a short duration (~30 seconds) after turning on the lights (manually or automatically):

·
Registered
647 Posts
It’s just muppets who are sensitive to LED lights, Ive had this in every car with LEDs, I just ignore it, as soon all cars will have LED lights

·
Zoe Devotee
9,296 Posts
It’s just muppets who are sensitive to LED lights, Ive had this in every car with LEDs, I just ignore it, as soon all cars will have LED lights
Muppets sensitive to LED. You mean folk dazzled and unable to see where they are driving? o_O :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: foggy69

·
Registered
128 Posts
No not muppets just a bit senior. As you age the speed with which your eye adjusts to bright light slows. This means the dazzle is harsher. Also the height of the headlights accentuates this. Range Rovers and similar cause more issues. Even looking away doesn’t solve it as you are briefly blinded whilst waiting for your pupils to adjust.
Just one of the joys of ageing🥺

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm obsessive about keeping my headlights clean. Others, less so. The amount of scattered light from dirty headlights with powerful LED or HID lamps is surprising.

The most annoying thing though is people driving without their headlights on at dusk - this just means the DRLs are then blinding because they are working as intended and scattering light in all directions...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts