Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having only just got my car, is there a way of keeping the car in ignition off status and all the doors unlocked without having the key card either in the car or very nearby before it remotely locks - am I missing a trick? Thinking of carrying out simple tasks such as cleaning round door shuts etc.

·
Registered
Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine July 2020 (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav June 2017)
609 Posts
The only way I've found to do it is to turn off approach unlocking / walk away locking in the settings, and I've had to do that as our car is parked outside the front door and unlocks and locks every time we walk past it (with the key). These should really be two separate settings, which would be easy to implement. One to turn off approach unlocking (which I would do) and one to turn off walk away locking (which I would want on).

Edit: An alternative, is to remember to switch the door mirrors from auto to manual (folded or unfolded) when you park the car somewhere where the mirrors flapping in and out annoy you.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response, I will turn off the approach and walk away auto locking since I would rather be in control of this manually. I'm lucky enough to have a double garage which I, unlike so many, I actually park the car in and refuse to let it become a junk/storage dumping ground. As you say there should be two separate settings.

·
Registered
204 Posts
If auto unlock/lock is set up you should just be able to leave a door or the tailgate pushed to and not fully closed, the car won’t lock as it detects that a door/tailgate is not fully closed. As long as one door or the tailgate is set this way you can open and shut the doors/tailgate to clean etc.

Reactions: burnt_crisps2

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I did that when cleaning around the door shuta and fitting the front sill scuff plate protectors. I accidentally shut the one non fully closed door and with all the others closed and in spite of the keycard being only a few feet in front of the car it all locked and the mirrors folded in. I have now disabled the approach and walk away auto locking which suits me better locking the car from the keycard button. At least your suggestion is a good alternative so thanks for that.

·
Registered
Peugeot iON 2013, Renault Zoe 50 2020
464 Posts
Do all Zoe 50’s have folding mirrors?
We have an Ionic, and as far as I can see the mirrors don’t fold - is there a button to do this manually somewhere?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,829 Posts
Do all Zoe 50’s have folding mirrors?
We have an Ionic, and as far as I can see the mirrors don’t fold - is there a button to do this manually somewhere?
The GT-Line does, and they default to automatically folding when the car locks itself.
There is a button on the door panel below the mirror adjustment switch. See switches A & B on page 1.67 of your user manual.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Having only just got my car, is there a way of keeping the car in ignition off status and all the doors unlocked without having the key card either in the car or very nearby before it remotely locks - am I missing a trick? Thinking of carrying out simple tasks such as cleaning round door shuts etc.
If you use button on key card to unlock does that not disable the auto lock/unlock?

·
Registered
Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine July 2020 (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav June 2017)
609 Posts
If you use button on key card to unlock does that not disable the auto lock/unlock?
Not on the ZE50 I'm afraid. One of the downgrades compared to our ZE40. Others include the missing preconditioning button and the missing button to open the charging flap on the wireless fob.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not on the ZE50 I'm afraid. One of the downgrades compared to our ZE40. Others include the missing preconditioning button and the missing button to open the charging flap on the wireless fob.
Shame that!
Just a query on the pre-conditioning (sorry off topic in this thread) do you have to set the temp in the car or can it be done from the app?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,829 Posts
Shame that!
Just a query on the pre-conditioning (sorry off topic in this thread) do you have to set the temp in the car or can it be done from the app?
That's a sore point too. Zoes built before mid-July (I think) don't respond to pre-conditioning requests from the app.
We're waiting on a dealer-applied fix due sometime in September.

·
Registered
Peugeot iON 2013, Renault Zoe 50 2020
464 Posts
The GT-Line does, and they default to automatically folding when the car locks itself.
There is a button on the door panel below the mirror adjustment switch. See switches A & B on page 1.67 of your user manual.
ok - looks like an Iconic trim has a do-nothing button there (away from home so no access to the manual) - ta for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
28,420 Posts
The idiocy of it is that you have to press the interior plug release button, then by the time you have walked to the front it sometimes has already locked again!!

I mean, if they just left it a bit longer, or a programmable timing, it'd probably work well.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The idiocy of it is that you have to press the interior plug release button, then by the time you have walked to the front it sometimes has already locked again!!

I mean, if they just left it a bit longer, or a programmable timing, it'd probably work well.
I’ve read comments (I don’t have a ZE50) saying that a double push of the unlock button on the key fob unlocks the charging cable from the car. By the time you get to the front of the car, and if the charge port has locked, is it not possible to use the key fob to unlock the charge port to allow you to plug in the cable without having to go back inside the car to press the release button again?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I can't remember and I'm else where in my other car so I can' test, but I think it's a long press not a double press, but it definitely works.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
28,420 Posts
I’ve read comments (I don’t have a ZE50) saying that a double push of the unlock button on the key fob unlocks the charging cable from the car. By the time you get to the front of the car, and if the charge port has locked, is it not possible to use the key fob to unlock the charge port to allow you to plug in the cable without having to go back inside the car to press the release button again?
I read that too, but it doesn't seem to happen on mine.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,114 Posts

Hell mend anyone with mobility issues that buys a Zoe?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Shame that!
The preconditioning temperature setting appears to go by the last setting you had it on, I suppose this is logical as you’d be using it in conditions where it was cold outside and you’d already have had the heater on before leaving the car, or hot outside and already had the air con on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts