Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT Line, Tesla Model 3 LR
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I noticed the driver display in map mode goes out of sync compared to what's really going on in real life and what the main map display on the multimedia system shows. This gets worse and worse the longer you drive, to the point where it's 5-10 seconds out of date, meaning I could come up to a junction, make a turn then drive a little way before noticing that the map display then shows me making the turn. I sometimes find that this gets so latent that the map display freezes completely and eventually resets, only to get out of date again as I drive.

I raised a ticket with Renault support and got a passenger to record a video of the issue, which shows this happening complete with a freeze. I sent this along with the ticket to Renault.

I just got a reply back from Renault:

I am happy to confirm that I received a reply from our technical team, this regarding the delayed response when making a turn. They confirmed that this behavior is normal, this is due to the hardware limitation from the device. This can be see when the system is highly used. They confirmed that the video shows that during the test, the there is the use of your smart phone smartphone with Bluetooth connection to stream music and Navigation. This then causes the device to use up a a lot of resources. For that, I do apologise.

Renault strives to guarantee the satisfaction of our customers by providing them with our best products and services. I would like to thank you for your patience during this process and I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me by replying to this email or calling me on the number below.
So it seems that although there's no issues with the main MMC display and only the driver console view goes out of sync, Renault are happy that the system is performing to specification?!

Does anyone else's driver view map display do the same thing?

Thanks,

Neil.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,381 Posts
Doesn't happen with my wife's ZE50, but then she never uses her phone to stream music, etc, she plays music from a USB stick.
Where does the OP say they're using phone to stream music?

@iPeel I suggest you do a full reset of the system. Not sure if there is a 1 button reset on the ZE50 like there was on the earlier model but what you could do is pull the terminal off the battery for 10mins. Might sort itself out, for a time at least.

·
Registered
6,490 Posts
Where does the OP say they're using phone to stream music?
The reply from Renault in the OP's first post states this (my addded emphasis in the quote from it below):

They confirmed that the video shows that during the test, the there is the use of your smart phone smartphone with Bluetooth connection to stream music and Navigation. This then causes the device to use up a a lot of resources. For that, I do apologise.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,381 Posts
The reply from Renault in the OP's first post states this (my addded emphasis in the quote from it below):
Missed that bit, shouldn't make any difference to the car, smacks of Renault making it up as they go along. Which they were pretty famous for with the gen 1 infotainment too.

·
Registered
ZE50 GT Line R135 CCS, Mar '20
206 Posts
Does it "fix" itself if you reboot the media system, even if for a while?

Could be some weird memory leak in the media system software that gets worse when you've got it doing a lot of tasks?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine froze on me yesterday. I can't remember if I was listening to music from my phone or DAB at the time. I fixed it by navigating away from that screen using the up/down arrow keys on the steering wheel, and then went back to it. It was fine after that, including about an hour where I was definitely playing music from my phone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts