Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Well seems like Im unable to get the programme to run.... It installs fine but the options of VIN or USB are both greyed out... Did the USB stick in the car following the requirements ask, the correct files were put on to it by the car.
Place it in the PC but the programme USB setting stays greyed out.... :(
Latest Windows 10 Issue or Renaults Programme?????

·
Registered
812 Posts
Your favourite country is updated automatically. You don't have to do anything!
With EASY LINK, you can also travel all over Europe.
To update the other countries, or to change your favourite country, download the Renault CONNECT Toolbox software.

Perhaps it doesn't matter as Im not traveling out of the UK so according to the above that map should update itself anyway.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Well seems like Im unable to get the programme to run.... It installs fine but the options of VIN or USB are both greyed out... Did the USB stick in the car following the requirements ask, the correct files were put on to it by the car.
The two buttons should be clickable. You must have something installed or running that is upsetting it. Maybe AV?

·
Registered
467 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Windows 10 has a Sandbox feature - basically a fresh Windows 10 VM. I can't remember if it allows access to the USB ports by default, but you could try installing it in that and see if it works as expected there?
Info on how to enable it here: How to Use Windows 10’s New Sandbox (to Safely Test Apps)
The older r link toolbox worked fine with the ze20 and ze40 but that was with an earlier version of win10 .... I might try this sandbox... Or see if it works in safe mode..

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD, Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav)
746 Posts
I've always had this issue despite having installed v 1.1.9 a few times. The 'buttons' remain greyed out. I'm just looking at the install file on the Renault site once a week and waiting for an update.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Windows sandbox worked but it didn't like my VIN... USB can't be accessed in sandbox..
Safe mode made no difference both boxes greyed out.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Windows sandbox worked but it didn't like my VIN... USB can't be accessed in sandbox..
Safe mode made no difference both boxes greyed out.
Hmm, you can mount a folder inside the sandbox using a config file. Not sure if that's enough to trick it into thinking it's a USB stick.

Obviously something is stopping it working but I have no idea how to figure out what!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Are you using mouse or keyboard controlling software (such as Microsoft and Logitech provide with their hardware) - that may be partly it - if you read my previous post and some one else's reply, it appears the software is incapable of running if you have OS additions.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Are you using mouse or keyboard controlling software (such as Microsoft and Logitech provide with their hardware) - that may be partly it - if you read my previous post and some one else's reply, it appears the software is incapable of running if you have OS additions.
That's a thought.. but the same software for the Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse still need to work in the sandbox version, where the programme does run.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD, Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav)
746 Posts
ONE SOLUTION FOUND: I have an external, high speed SD card reader fitted to one of the USB 3 ports. If I simply disconnect it the 'buttons' stop being greyed out and the USB stick can be loaded with maps. I'll report if the transfer to the RLINK unit goes successfully.

Edit: The update did complete successfully. Now up to March 2020 :(

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,382 Posts
ONE SOLUTION FOUND: I have an external, high speed SD card reader fitted to one of the USB 3 ports. If I simply disconnect it the 'buttons' stop being greyed out and the USB stick can loaded with maps. I'll report if the transfer to the RLINK unit goes successfully.
That was probably it.

The Renault software was most likely looking for the first storage device offered on USB, and that is how the card reader identifies itself (even when empty).
That means, the Renault software thought the USB drive it found was set to "read only", so greyed out the button.

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
Has anyone managed to upgrade their maps recently?
  • I am using Renault Connect 3.2.13
  • I have a 32GB USB Drive formatted at FAT32
  • After putting the USB in the ZE50 I can see E:\AllianceNDSMapConfig folder and file
  • When I run Connect it doesn't recognise the USB stick
Any tips?

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
  • After putting the USB in the ZE50 I can see E:\AllianceNDSMapConfig folder and file
Any tips?
Are you formatting using the windows 10 utility? it doesn't seem to correctly format the drive (or at least it didn't for me) I downloaded HPUDBDisk and it worked fine after that. HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool - Download (lo4d.com)

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
Any tips?
To answer my own question, I saw the comment above re SD-Card and did as bellow
  1. Inserted 32GB SD-Card in laptop and formatted at FAT32
  2. Copied the folder from the USB stick to the SD-Card
  3. Ran Renault Connect which recognised the SD-Card
  4. Updated the UK & Ireland map *
  5. Copied both folders (there is also TomTom one) from SD-Card to USB stick
  6. Inserted USB stick in Zoe and it updated OK
(* I will probably do all other countries at some point...)

I agree it is disappointing how old the map is though :-(

·
Registered
812 Posts
Daft question and sorry if it's been asked...
It states that the installed map for the county you are in will update over the air... And that you do not need to use the usb etc unless you want to change maps.
Does it not update the UK map OTA.?

21 - 40 of 49 Posts