Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I popped down to the Enfield showroom again today to have another look and speak to sales. I'd previously noticed one of the finance deals ends at the end of the month, which he confirmed, but they won't have a car (ZE50) to test drive until after then. I'm tempted to put down a holding deposit to take advantage of the offer and to get in the queue, as he said there is currently a 4 month lead time from ordering and picking up.

Having not actually driven one of these cars yet has anyone any advice they can give other then test driving the previous version which I have booked for a couple of weeks time?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The previous version drives nothing like the new one. Also the interior trim and noise levels are much better.
I think from my mind it’s actually driving an EV because I haven’t done so yet. I’ll have to keep in mind the Z.E.50 is even better! ?

·
Registered
254 Posts
So I popped down to the Enfield showroom again today to have another look and speak to sales. I'd previously noticed one of the finance deals ends at the end of the month, which he confirmed, but they won't have a car (ZE50) to test drive until after then. I'm tempted to put down a holding deposit to take advantage of the offer and to get in the queue, as he said there is currently a 4 month lead time from ordering and picking up.

Having not actually driven one of these cars yet has anyone any advice they can give other then test driving the previous version which I have booked for a couple of weeks time?
Suggestion. Put in an order but agree with dealer that when you have had a test drive (hopefully in March when UK dealers are supposed to get their cars) you can cancel and get your deposit back if you do not like it (think you will). That is the arrangement we have with our dealer

·
Registered
205 Posts
I ordered one last Sunday, ETA end of March. I think I picked an unpopular model (most people, if you read the threads here, are going for the GT Line, mine's an Iconic), so maybe some spares coming through that I've managed to get - although the sales person was also surprised about the short lead time, so possibly just happened to get a cancelled order?

I just test drove the previous version. Like you I'd not driven an EV before so just wanted a bit of a feel for how it would drive. Given the complaints you read about the Zoe being rattly and cheaply made I was expecting something more akin to a Renault 5, so I was impressed with how solid it felt!

Quite excited, have been doing "research" for years and now feels like the right time to jump in!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,732 Posts
Nothing wrong with the Iconic version, especially if you opt for the larger screen. Definitely go for the 135kW motor though. :)

I don't actually like the fake leather interior of the GT spec car.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,132 Posts
I just test drove the previous version. Like you I'd not driven an EV before so just wanted a bit of a feel for how it would drive. Given the complaints you read about the Zoe being rattly and cheaply made I was expecting something more akin to a Renault 5, so I was impressed with how solid it felt!

Quite excited, have been doing "research" for years and now feels like the right time to jump in!
Same. Did my test driving at last year's FCL. Got behind the wheel of the Zoe, Leaf 40kW, e-Niro, I3s & i-Pace.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,257 Posts
. Definitely go for the 135kW motor though

Loool. 135bhp.... you wish it was 181bhp. :p The 9.5 seconds to 60 with 181bhp would be embarrassing. Actually has anyone tested the 135 to 60, be interesting to see if its slightly faster than book quoted like most cars are (Zoe included, well at least the old Q210 anyhoo).

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,132 Posts
Loool. 135bhp.... you wish it was 181bhp. :p The 9.5 seconds to 60 with 181bhp would be embarrassing. Actually has anyone tested the 135 to 60, be interesting to see if its slightly faster than book quoted like most cars are (Zoe included, well at least the old Q210 anyhoo).
It'll feel like a rocketship to me!
I'm coming from 6 years in 74hp VW Up with a 0-60 time of... eventually (Around 14s I think).

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,732 Posts
Challenge accepted. :)

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GT-Line R135 Rapid Charge in Flame Red 😀
559 Posts
Can confirm the 4 month waiting time. Ordered Dec 15th, "scheduled" delivery April 15th.
Ordered Flame Red GT-Line rapid charge with winter pack on 6th Feb. Dealer today confirmed build date of 26th March and delivery mid-April. I was going to get the Iconic model with Tech and Winter packs but it was £10 per month more expensive so GT-Line was a no brainier. ?

·
Zoe Devotee
9,257 Posts
Challenge accepted. :)

When you planning on doing it? Seen at least 1 post recently where someone has finally been brave enough to test the ZS EV and its proven it be quicker than its 8.5seconds in all tests. We already know its actual top speed is higher than its claimed one.

Look forward to Zoe results.

Perhaps in the future passage of time we will see some Leaf / Zoe / MG ones like we used to see with Leaf / i3 / Zoe etc @circa 2016.

Reactions: Marcus Mascord

·
Zoe Devotee
9,257 Posts
I need to take a trip out one evening when the roads are quiet...

What tool are are you planning to use? Torque Pro?

·
Zoe Devotee
9,257 Posts
Is that your recommendation?

I've used it before, had decent results on my Q210 Zoe. But not looked into the whole 0-60 thing for a few years, not sure what else is on the market.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts