Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am due to replace my current Zoe with a new model next week but after seeing a review say you are no longer able to release the cable from the remote, I reviewed the online PDF version and it states it should be possible to release the cable.

Has anyone been able to get the charging cable to release using the unlock function on the remote?

I went over to the dealership to have a preview test but I had no luck with it, noticed a rattle when opening and closing the boot hatch which after looking here today appears to be a known issue.

With these issues and covid meaning I will probably not need to drive again this year, I am really thinking about cancelling the car

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,787 Posts
You can’t unlock it from the fob anymore. You have to use the switch inside the cabin.

My car doesn’t rattle. It’s very well put together.

But you don’t need an excuse like this to cancel the car. If you don’t want it then you don’t want it.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts

·
had an R240, got an R90, might get a ZE50
509 Posts
It would be daft to buy a new car and not use it.
I know that some folk are giving their PCP cars back at the end of the period.
For some it's due to financial pressures and for others they don't see a need for a 2 car family when they will be doing a lot less visiting in the future.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,155 Posts
You can’t unlock it from the fob anymore. You have to use the switch inside the cabin.
The English user manual I downloaded (The car came with a German set!) says the "door unlock" button on the fob also releases the cable.
The button on the dash is needed to open the flap though.

See pages 1.15 & 1.20

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,787 Posts
The English user manual I downloaded (The car came with a German set!) says the "door unlock" button on the fob also releases the cable.
The button on the dash is needed to open the flap though.

See pages 1.15 & 1.20
Yes, I couldn’t remember if this was the case.

Does it stop the charging and unlock as well, or only work when it’s stopped charging? I couldn’t be bothered to turn the car around to test. :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I've unlocked the cable using the fob unlock button from our home charger, although I couldn't get it to release the CCS cable the other day after I'd stopped the charge on the charger, I had to use the button on the dash. So, not sure if there's an additional pin for CCS which isn't released with the fob button..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts