Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

ZE50 TCU fuse?

5K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Andy-Zoé-User 
#1 ·
The fuse box layout is different in the ZE50 from how it was populated in the ZE40 and 22kwh Zoe's, does anyone know which fuse the TCU is now @yoh-there ?

I had the car in for the pre con fix which now works from the in car program but the launch button in the app does not start it and the battery status/current mileage/charge status are all days old.

On the ZE40 pulling the TCU fuse used to mostly sort that issue out so before returning to the dealer I would give the fuse pull a try.

Edit: tried disconnecting car and app, disabling data in car and reconnecting everything to no avail.

Reactions: yoh-there and lgs
#3 ·
I'll let you know if I pull the right one 😨

Reactions: yoh-there
#4 ·
in my ZE20 (22kw) if I didn't want to pull my TCU fuse (F31 isn't it) then I would just remove the negative post on the 12v battery under the bonnet. Much easier to get to than the fusebox in the glove compartment.
On my 20 I don't need to input any code to get the r-link radio working again, not sure whether you need a code on the 50 when you re-connect the 12v battery?

#5 ·
in my ZE20 (22kw) if I didn't want to pull my TCU fuse (F31 isn't it) then I would just remove the negative post on the 12v battery under the bonnet. Much easier to get to than the fusebox in the glove compartment.
On my 20 I don't need to input any code to get the r-link radio working again, not sure whether you need a code on the 50 when you re-connect the 12v battery?
Yeah have considered that option, I may try another couple of the 10A fuses first, in for a penny ..... (y)

Reactions: Andy-Zoé-User
#6 ·
did you manage to reset the TCU in the end? Mines not been communicating for a month and last time I needed to book an appointment at Renault for them to do the honours. It’s definitely the car as the comms shows an x in the link screen and the mobile signal screen shows disconnected

#7 ·
I didn't find which fuse it is for the TCU but did disconnect/reconnect the 12V battery momentarily, no joy, maybe I should of left it disconnected for a while to let all the computers to go to sleep, might try that (y)

#9 ·
I decided to wait for the first service (just done) to get that looked at again, turns out it needs a new TCU which it is going in for on Monday along with the BMS update as the dealers computer kept crashing last week.

#12 ·
make you wonder in this day of throw away society if they just say it needs replacing when all it might need is a simple repair or update of firmware/software ... but then I suppose would they go to the trouble of taking out the dash if it could just be solved with a software update? - I dunno

but it has led me to this question , in the 22kw and ZE40's they tucked the TCU's well right up into the dash which meant taking the whole dash out to replace the TCU unit ... did they learn from their mistakes and done it different on the ZE50 now so that they dont have to take out the whole dashboard, and access it much easier now to replace the TCU? or is it the same tucked away in an awkward place I wonder?

#13 ·
Not having an answer, but word was out (though I admit I never saw how), that in the Ph1 ZOE, one could actually get the TCU out/in without removing the entire dash, using some thin hand gymnastics or something like that. The placement was logical from a functional point of view: it could "see" most of the sky, without needing an external antenna. It didn't work out too well in the end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.