Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

ZE50 - time to full

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  cah197 
#1 ·
So after my charger not working saga Charging from home not working it appears to be fixed, so I'm giving it a full charge.

Thinking about it, this might be the first time, since getting the car, where I've tried to "fill" it.

So... the app reports it is at 99% and 20 minutes left. Which is fine except it has been saying that for ~30 minutes.
I can see from the ihd it is pulling less power but taking ages to "fill".
Is this normal?

#3 ·
If the batteries have not been fully charged for a long period it will take longer as the last 1% is spent balancing the pack.

#4 ·
So after my charger not working saga Charging from home not working it appears to be fixed, so I'm giving it a full charge.

Thinking about it, this might be the first time, since getting the car, where I've tried to "fill" it.

So... the app reports it is at 99% and 20 minutes left. Which is fine except it has been saying that for ~30 minutes.
I can see from the ihd it is pulling less power but taking ages to "fill".
Is this normal?
It is worth the wait to balance the cells. My ZE50 has performed better since I charged to 100% AC

#6 ·
Its not a constant rate though, it tails off sharpy at higher charge states. In the Tesla, which sensibly displays the charge rate, I used to watch the charge rate and stop when it reached some number i was satisfied with. It might start at 120 KW from 20% but would be down to 40 kW by 80 % and maybe 20 kW by 90% and I never hung around long enough beyond that. The Zoe looks to be the same sort of tail off but I cant be bothered to keep doing the maths, last time I CCS charged it was averaging 30 KW to get from 40% to 80%.

Al the advice is not to fully charge unless you are immediately going to use it, the Tesla nags you to reduce the target to below 90%.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.