Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
ID.3 & ID.3
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this is by design or not, but I do not have the "Tyre Pressure" option in the "Car Info" menu even though this is mentioned in the manual as being an option.

I also don't have the "Driving ECO" option either but I am aware that this needs activating by the dealer using the Actis numbers 64756 & 64273, so I have booked it in for this to be done.

Does anyone know if there is an Actis number to have the "Tyre Pressure" showing in the menu?

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'm not sure if this is by design or not, but I do not have the "Tyre Pressure" option in the "Car Info" menu even though this is mentioned in the manual as being an option.

I also don't have the "Driving ECO" option either but I am aware that this needs activating by the dealer using the Actis numbers 64756 & 64273, so I have booked it in for this to be done.

Does anyone know if there is an Actis number to have the "Tyre Pressure" showing in the menu?
It's on the dash car info bit, not the multimedia display, is that where you're looking?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
747 Posts
well, seeing as it was law in UK and europe I think and compulsory that every car sold must have TPMS I doubt if there will be anything on the big display in the vehicle settings. they are not going to let you turn off the TPMS - normally on older Zoes (22/40) you scrolled through to TPMS on the speedo dash and really all you could do was just reset the TPMS after inflating the tyres to correct pressures - I dont think it even ever told you which tyre on the car was flat it just flashed up 'Puncture' or something like that

·
Registered
ID.3 & ID.3
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, seeing as it was law in UK and europe I think and compulsory that every car sold must have TPMS I doubt if there will be anything on the big display in the vehicle settings. they are not going to let you turn off the TPMS - normally on older Zoes (22/40) you scrolled through to TPMS on the speedo dash and really all you could do was just reset the TPMS after inflating the tyres to correct pressures - I dont think it even ever told you which tyre on the car was flat it just flashed up 'Puncture' or something like that
Then why show it in the manual as being in the Car Info menu?

That’s all I’m trying to understand.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Then why show it in the manual as being in the Car Info menu?

That’s all I’m trying to understand.
did they say it was an option in the manual? - they are always doing that (Renault) - in the wife's Clio (and maybe in my Zoe manual) it says if stuck in snow press the 'traction off' button on the dashboard .... there is no traction control off button on the dash!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
23,566 Posts
did they say it was an option in the manual? - they are always doing that (Renault) - in the wife's Clio (and maybe in my Zoe manual) it says if stuck in snow press the 'traction off' button on the dashboard .... there is no traction control off button on the dash!
TPMS is standard on the Zoe. Always has been.

The issue is they didn’t finish the software UI, which is being rolled out as manual shop updates. AIUI.

·
Registered
747 Posts
TPMS is standard on the Zoe. Always has been.

The issue is they didn’t finish the software UI, which is being rolled out as manual shop updates. AIUI.
me 2013 Zoe hasn't got TPMS at all -... well saying that the TPMS sensor valves in the wheels arent there . I did enable TPMS in my clustre setting but they wont work because the TPMS valves arent fitted, so i wonder if i did get them replaced with wheels with sensor valves in them , and then enable it in DDT4ALL if TPMS would work?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
23,566 Posts
me 2013 Zoe hasn't got TPMS at all -... well saying that the TPMS sensor valves in the wheels arent there . I did enable TPMS in my clustre setting but they wont work because the TPMS valves arent fitted, so i wonder if i did get them replaced with wheels with sensor valves in them , and then enable it in DDT4ALL if TPMS would work?
It does, it just does it in a different way.

It detects differences in the relative speed of each wheel.

·
Registered
2020 Zoe ZE50 135 GT Line
713 Posts
You can view the tyre pressures on the main instrument display, not sure why you would need it on the main infotainment screen. The Zoe’s TPMS is very good. I had a ‘slow’ puncture last month and it warned me of low pressure when it got to 30psi. At a point below that (not sure of psi) it showed me I’ve got a puncture and to pull over ASAP. Very good 👍🏼

·
Registered
ID.3 & ID.3
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can view the tyre pressures on the main instrument display, not sure why you would need it on the main infotainment screen. The Zoe’s TPMS is very good. I had a ‘slow’ puncture last month and it warned me of low pressure when it got to 30psi. At a point below that (not sure of psi) it showed me I’ve got a puncture and to pull over ASAP. Very good 👍🏼
Thanks very much for the advice....much appreciated 👍

·
Registered
713 Posts
It detects differences in the relative speed of each wheel.
I was just thinking about this and it may only be partially true.

When you adjust the tyre pressures you can actually see it change on the display in the car, and for obvious reasons you’re not moving at the time. There must be some other way it monitors the pressure 🤷🏽

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
23,566 Posts
I was just thinking about this and it may only be partially true.

When you adjust the tyre pressures you can actually see it change on the display in the car, and for obvious reasons you’re not moving at the time. There must be some other way it monitors the pressure 🤷🏽
Which Zoe are you talking about?

·
Registered
747 Posts
on the clio 4 there are 2 forms of TPMS , one is Direct TPMS and the other is indirect TPMS. not sure what the differeces mean but one was linked to the ABS system of the car, I dunno which one though. I think its indirect.

·
Registered
747 Posts

There does indeed seem to be a TPMS or TPW (tyre pressure warning) setting in DDT4ALL for the MMI (touchscreen) in the ZE50 - you could ask renault to enable it when you leave it in maybe? (they might use CanCLIP or their own computers) it is most probably just disabled.

·
Registered
713 Posts
There does indeed seem to be a TPMS or TPW (tyre pressure warning) setting in DDT4ALL for the MMI (touchscreen) in the ZE50 - you could ask renault to enable it when you leave it in maybe? (they might use CanCLIP or their own computers) it is most probably just disabled.

View attachment 141278
Is there an actis number for this as well? I seem to be compiling a list for them! 😅

·
Registered
Renault Zoé ZE50 R135 Intens
121 Posts

View attachment 141278
LOOOOOOL... Did someone make up those "Category" names (Seats, TPMS) or is this the readout from the car itself? Because the last word I expected to see is "Bordel" ... It basically means "crap", "craziness" or more colourful language in French... Not something you'd expect from a major corporation. Hilarious.

·
Registered
747 Posts
LOOOOOOL... Did someone make up those "Category" names (Seats, TPMS) or is this the readout from the car itself? Because the last word I expected to see is "Bordel" ... It basically means "crap", "craziness" or more colourful language in French... Not something you'd expect from a major corporation. Hilarious.
haha really! - I didnt even think to translate that word LOL :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts