Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
ZE50 GT Line R135 CCS, Mar '20
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting aside the obvious fixes for things not currently working, some ideas wot I thinked of
  • Max charge on timer; e.g. weekdays charge to 80%, weekends stick a full charge on.
  • Location based timers; e.g. if I'm at home use the Go tariff times. If I'm out and about, at tesco taking advantage of a free top-up, do an immediate charge.
  • Charge rate visible.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,672 Posts
I would like them to finish the software and push it in an OTA update.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Yes please all of those. In the short term I'd be happy with a deferred charge timer that worked
Hey John, do you mean that what the Zoe calls "postponed charging" (start time only) is not working for you?

I'm asking because it works for me while the "programmed charging" (start and end time) does not work. When the car was in the garage last week they lumped the programmed charging issue in with the lack of preconditioning and said they were waiting on a fix from Renault.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi there, I did mean the programmed charging yes. It worked the first time, but has failed since then. I have it programmed for every night to coincide with my octopus go low-cost-period. I then plug it in when needed, about once or twice a week. The app shows the car is plugged in and the next charge period for that night. But when the start time comes, it doesn't start charging and the app shows the timer has moved to the next day. Is that what you are seeing?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don’t think the charging issues and the preconditioning are linked. I have one of the early cars awaiting a preconditioning fix but both my delayed start charge and programmed charge seem to be working at the moment🤞

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,359 Posts
Hi there, I did mean the programmed charging yes. It worked the first time, but has failed since then. I have it programmed for every night to coincide with my octopus go low-cost-period. I then plug it in when needed, about once or twice a week. The app shows the car is plugged in and the next charge period for that night. But when the start time comes, it doesn't start charging and the app shows the timer has moved to the next day. Is that what you are seeing?
I do exactly the same as you, but in my case the car charges as expected.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I do exactly the same as you, but in my case the car charges as expected.
Useful to know, thanks. I've checked the manual and I seem to be doing things in the right order i.e. cable into charger, then into car. I'll give it another go. It is quite worrying though - if it doesn't work and I don't spot it then my wife can't drive to work. That way lies grief!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,359 Posts
Useful to know, thanks. I've checked the manual and I seem to be doing things in the right order i.e. cable into charger, then into car. I'll give it another go. It is quite worrying though - if it doesn't work and I don't spot it then my wife can't drive to work. That way lies grief!
Ah. There is a difference after all! My wallbox has a tethered cable.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Ah. There is a difference after all! My wallbox has a tethered cable.
I don't, and my timed charging works. I have it set every day (somebody mentioned in another thread that the days are off by one) although actually I've only used the schedule once so far. I connect the car end first.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes please all of those. In the short term I'd be happy with a deferred charge timer that worked
Only used it once as only changed to Go on Friday.
Set it in the car to 00:30 to 04:30 and it didn't need that much of a charge so filled to 100%.
Having said that; I plugged in after the start timer and the charger reported it was charging for the full 9 hours it was connected, so will have to run it down a lot more, plug in before the timer is due and check it starts/stops as expected.

·
Registered
Zoe 50 GTLine
58 Posts
I don’t think the charging issues and the preconditioning are linked. I have one of the early cars awaiting a preconditioning fix but both my delayed start charge and programmed charge seem to be working at the moment🤞
Any news on a Comfort program/pre-conditioning' fix? I've been in contact with Andreia, Sian et al - nothing - nada - f. all. Tried my Renault dealer - they have gone quiet as well. Does anyone at Renault UK know what is going on?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Any news on a Comfort program/pre-conditioning' fix? I've been in contact with Andreia, Sian et al - nothing - nada - f. all. Tried my Renault dealer - they have gone quiet as well. Does anyone at Renault UK know what is going on?
I sent another email to the r-link support this morning asking for an update or at least some timescale for a solution and suggested I would be considering rejecting the car as it seems this problem does not have a solution. I won’t hold my breath awaiting a reply as they didn’t reply to my last two emails until I phoned them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My list would be
1) Charge power and current displayed during charging (same as OP wants)
2) Charge cable storage under the bonnet
3) Selectable AC charge current
4) The ability to charge from any working charger,not just the ones that the Zoe happens to like that day
5) Much more powerful regen in B-mode
6) B-mode brings the car to a halt
7) Ability to turn off creep i.e. car only moves when accelerator is pressed
8) Auto hold mode that engages immediately the car stops and releases smoothly when the accelerator is pressed
9) Be able to turn off the phone charging pad
10) Delayed engagement of the pedestrian warning noise when decelerating through the limit so that it isn't just cycling on an off in 20mph zones
11) Manual method to dip the headlights from auto full beam other than turning auto off
12) Controls grouped either on buttons or on the display (e.g. lane keep/warning is cycled on an off through a switch but adjusted on the display - why??)

·
i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
1,725 Posts
Testing the program and preconditioning tonight, from the dash lights it seems to indicate things are setup to go ok, guess I will find out in morning.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Only used it once as only changed to Go on Friday.
Set it in the car to 00:30 to 04:30 and it didn't need that much of a charge so filled to 100%.
Having said that; I plugged in after the start timer and the charger reported it was charging for the full 9 hours it was connected, so will have to run it down a lot more, plug in before the timer is due and check it starts/stops as expected.
Plugged in last night at around 10:45 pm with roughly 44% on it.
This morning showing 93% and chargemaster app shows 27.92kw put in so looks like working fine, for me.
App doesn't seem to detect when the timer stops correctly though so shows it was charging for 7h 8m.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts