Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yay for some more simple charging , please start selling this quality stuff again, shout if you need a hand

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yay for some more simple charging , please start selling this quality stuff again, shout if you need a hand
Mainpine has just given another ten Type 2 Charging Stations to ZCW which I believe are destined for the National Trust. Mainpine is also upgrading some of the old 13A to Type 2 Charging Stations because we have a long waiting list of sites that wish to install. Once completed we will have donated ~550 Charging Station but to continue we really will need more funds :)

So, fund raising or becoming a trustee would help us take this project further :D

The Essential Trustee: What You Need To Know

·
Registered
625 Posts
So, fund raising
Bring back the ZCW shop would surely help boost funds. The quality ITT Canon Type 2 / Type 1 cable was the best quality item at a price £50 cheaper than everyone else. And the Rolec-esuqe charging stations. How about the "Sold by ZCW fulfilled by Amazon route' of logistics are an issue?

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kevin any plans to upgrade Audleys wood hotel, they had one of the early ZCW installs and would love to see it upgraded to 7kw
ZCW don't currently upgrade locations for free... probably worth contacting Audleys and asking them to consider an upgrade (or carrying a 32A portable EVSE) :)

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I will ask but every time I have been there they tell me I am the only one using it, so its unlikely they will invest in an upgrade

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will ask but every time I have been there they tell me I am the only one using it, so its unlikely they will invest in an upgrade
I use it every few months but agree that until drivers visit these locations then companies will not invest further :)

·
Banned
558 Posts
Kevin,
Give me some cards and drop them at every tourist venue on the "Highland Charge 2014" route?

·
Banned
558 Posts
..we already has more demand than we can supply and have a growing waiting list... ZCW 'just' needs more cash so it can buy more ..:)
Yes a victim of your own success - it seems shame that the buckets of underspent OLEV funds cannot be made accessible. Being a charity may be efficient in one way - but may now be an impediment to growth?
I feel strongly that ZCW low tech, low cost solution is the right one for businesses who want to be associate with low carbon living? Paid for low-performance charges should some how be eradicated?
However, we don't have a commercial offering that is widely available?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts