Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
had an R240, got an R90, might get a ZE50
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the Zoé factory is starting up again.
It could be, perhaps, the beginning of the beginning.

Apologies to Sir Winston Churchill

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
28,404 Posts
Looks like the Zoé factory is starting up again.
It could be, perhaps, the beginning of the beginning.

Apologies to Sir Winston Churchill

So, why with the accent?

Not that I am critiquing it, I think you're right, it should be there, in the French, yet Renault doesn't spell it like that.

You've got me thinking, there!

·
Registered
127 Posts
The textile factory which makes the recycled material for ZOE hs been destroyed in a fire, this will have an impact on supply of the Iconic trim.

Production of ZOE Iconic between week 23-28 will have Gt-Line part "leather"/cloth interior, with an aim of getting back to the origin interior from week 28, TBC though.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I wonder if this has impacted their ability to fit the UK version of the Zoe GT Line dashboard with soft feel plastic instead of the recycled fabric we were promised in all the photos🤔

I am of course joking. These were the kind of first world whinges and thoughts that consumed us pre C-19.
Couldn’t really care less now to be honest.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,008 Posts
The textile factory which makes the recycled material for ZOE hs been destroyed in a fire, this will have an impact on supply of the Iconic trim.

Production of ZOE Iconic between week 23-28 will have Gt-Line part "leather"/cloth interior, with an aim of getting back to the origin interior from week 28, TBC though.
Any news on when you dealers will start getting deliveries from Southampton?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Any news on when you dealers will start getting deliveries from Southampton?
I believe the import centre is gearing up to get back working and delivery to some degree from Monday, this is also when we have been gearing up for a phased return.

The import centre have already been in contact asking when we are planning to open to accept deliveries, with the first lot being covered this coming week, however none are ZOE's but there are ZOE's waiting to be delivered.

I think for the first part they will be running on reduced staff capacity, thus deliveries of new cars, will still be relatively slow.

·
Registered
397 Posts
It's whatever the parent's say it is...check the birth certificate. ;)

In the case of Renault, it's the name of a car, which they have called ZOE. So all caps please. :)
Exactly. It’s actually a marketing department’s acronym of the words zero & emissions, so not really the name “Zoe” at all.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I did ask RenaultUK if they had any news regarding the dealers re-opening. I just got a default reply really - Hi, we're working responsibly in accordance with Government guidelines so as soon as they confirm that it is appropriate to re-open, we will do so. Please see our FAQ's for further details and keep an eye on your dealer website for updates https://bit.ly/33Kj9MN Thanks.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I guess we’ll have to see what Boris says tomorrow night.

From what I’ve heard, I suspect you won’t be allowed to open next week.

Or at least, the public won’t be allowed anywhere near dealerships or other non-essential non-food shops. Not unless they start selling pot plants and bags of compost anyway.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Our service dept are definately going back Monday to organise a huge backlog of bookings and to also finish off existing work, they will initially be back with the apprentice and 1 technician, however they will only be carrying out essential work and repairs, I believe service and repairs have always been able to be open, however we chose not to.

As for sales, we haven't been able to be open, there had been lots of talk/rumour recently of a heavy loosening of the lockdown but that seems to have been softening in the last week or so, I am sceptical if sales will be back on Monday now. It was originally going to be my manager and colleague and then myself from the 18th.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I guess we’ll have to see what Boris says tomorrow night.

From what I’ve heard, I suspect you won’t be allowed to open next week.

Or at least, the public won’t be allowed anywhere near dealerships or other non-essential non-food shops. Not unless they start selling pot plants and bags of compost anyway.
So nothings going to change then?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Our service dept are definately going back Monday to organise a huge backlog of bookings and to also finish off existing work, they will initially be back with the apprentice and 1 technician, however they will only be carrying out essential work and repairs, I believe service and repairs have always been able to be open, however we chose not to.

As for sales, we haven't been able to be open, there had been lots of talk/rumour recently of a heavy loosening of the lockdown but that seems to have been softening in the last week or so, I am sceptical if sales will be back on Monday now. It was originally going to be my manager and colleague and then myself from the 18th.
Yes, the constant false speculation from a bored news media has been really unhelpful to everyone.

I noticed the leader of Scotland County Council spent a large portion of her daily update on Thursday referring to things that have only been mooted by papers and “news” channels.

It’s never been the intention of central government to make any huge changes to lockdown next week.
It would almost certainly exacerbate the number of deaths caused by an imminent second spike.

What I did find interesting was a couple of new car salesmen on 5Live this week pondering how they’d be able to sell cars when they can’t conduct test drives.

“We’d have to have perspex screens between us in the front of the car“ said one🤣

I mean, I dunno, here’s a new one. Just make it industry wide practice to do as a number of brands already do and allow all test drives to be unaccompanied.

Just need a standard loan form, and if you want to qualify the customer, do a credit card pre authorisation check along with the photo card licence DVLA check that’s already required.

Kind of removes the job of trying to “sell” me something over and above what I’d already decided I want, but that doesn’t work on me anyway.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Problem you have with test drives is, on used, technically there has to be a member of the garage with you due to the trade plates, demo cars yes you can do unaccompanied, however with us the insurance costs if there were to be an accident make it just not worth the risk, for obvious reasons both new and used unaccompanied test drives have been looked into recently.

We are getting round it by extensive disinfecting of cars on all points of contact, after every single person has driven the car, wearing masks and gloves, sitting at the back on the opposite side to the driver and only one customer at a time on a test drive, no families etc.

It has also been expressed to us that we must establish affordability first and we must do our best to establish that we will be supplying the car before any test drive is undertaken.

The whole disinfecting thing is going to be a massive ballache.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Or maybe more manufacturers will offer a 7 day, no quibble hand back of the car?
With the likes of Cazoo and others doing just that with tens of thousands of units a year, that’s exactly the answer

Helps with distance selling too. More sales for dealers in isolated parts of the country and in line with 14 day distance selling regs too.

Also encourages the dealer to spend more time qualifying the customer’s needs properly and delivering a product of such quality and similarity to the description that it doesn’t need to be returned at the dealer’s expense.

Can also be an entirely contactless experience so observing the C-19 regs.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts