Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's one for those low mileage drivers who won't 'do leasing' cos they don't like paying "interest" as renault have worked the pcp lease on the Zoe intens so it costs over £1000 less than buying car outright, plus you can give it back at end of term if something better has come along . No brainer ?
Interestingly they have now started openly promoting the minimum £45pcm low mileage battery rental too.......:)
http://www.motorline.co.uk/renault/...uGloqFd64CGwYI9MY5C39xh8zkyaYjGIS4aAg0c8P8HAQ

(Edit Something weird going on today @Paul i thought i posted this in ze discussion.)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Yes that works out at 8 miles a day with 30p per mile for any extra over the lease period. If you are only going to do 8 miles a day, its probably a better proposition to use a Taxi and not buy a car.

·
Super Moderator
11,952 Posts
Renault are offering £2750 in deposit contribution and 6.9% APR.

Nissan are offering £3200 deposit contribution and 0.0% APR. Their headline offers are for 7,500 miles per year. At 0% APR there isn't much reason not to take the finance offer. It is free money.

Good time to lease either.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
True, but you can ignore the APR when the GFV figures from Nissan and Renault are clearly ludicrous and just designed to maintain artificially high list prices.
(I can see no reason for a Zoe to really cost more than double the equivalent Clio)

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
Leasing may work for some, but personally I believe that it doesn't work for low mileage owners.
Leasing is only a financial instrument to spread the depreciation and funding costs over an agreed ownership term. The car depreciates the same however you finance it. In fact, it appears that the guaranteed future values that Renault and Nissan are using are higher than the likely figures in three/four years time.

The Zoe PCP deals include breakdown recovery and servicing for up to four years. When I compare the average annual costs for a Zoe (deposit plus all finance fees and monthly payments divided by four years) against previous cars I've owned outright, the ownership cost looks way lower.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I know these lease terms are difficult for people to understand but this particular pcp one is for 5000 miles with excess miles at 8p per mile, ( this only applies to miles driven, any miles walked are not taken into account. ) The separate battery lease can be varied at any time to suit your mileage so excess charges are not relevant. The idea is to negotiate the most suitable terms before you sign the contract as clearly they can't advertise rates for each scenario.

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
The idea is to negotiate the most suitable terms before you sign the contract as clearly they can't advertise rates for each scenario.
That's a good point – about negotiating individual terms because sometimes it's cheaper to commit to fewer miles than you know you will do and pay the excess. (Like how mobile phone networks make their money on contract holders not using all their allowance of minutes/texts/data).

PCPs aren't for everyone (in fact I read that only about 25% of the population are eligible due to credit record scoring) and they do require careful study – but there are some very good deals to be done if you qualify and are prepared to do the homework!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts