Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have taken delivery of my new ZOE today and had thethered Pod Point charger fitted on the same day. I’m thinking this could be the first day of the rest of my motoring life As this is my first EV. Had the day off work and have spent it razzing around the local area, pulling over to change or check settings, and thoroughly enjoying myself. Great car...... so far.
Any advice or thoughts as to things I should consider or be aware of?

·
Registered
252 Posts
The most important thing to remember is, most the of the negative things you may read on the forums are in the minority. We’ve had ours since the end of July and have had no issues with the car at all. Enjoy it, especially when you get a boy racer pull up next to you at some lights. I’m sure it shocks them a bit when you leave them standing! 😉 Might be worth splashing out and buying a center armrest etc just to make the ride more relaxed on longer trips 👍🏼

·
i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
1,694 Posts
I can only say what my experience is that less than a month in seats horrible and auto handbrake sucks, but that could just be me so just my opinion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can only say what my experience is that less than a month in seats horrible and auto handbrake sucks, but that could just be me so just my opinion.
I would possibly agree that the seats are not the best compared to other cars I’ve had but I’ve not done a long journey yet to really comment properly. The auto hand brake seems to be as good as any other I’ve had, it just works.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The most important thing to remember is, most the of the negative things you may read on the forums are in the minority. We’ve had ours since the end of July and have had no issues with the car at all. Enjoy it, especially when you get a boy racer pull up next to you at some lights. I’m sure it shocks them a bit when you leave them standing! 😉 Might be worth splashing out and buying a center armrest etc just to make the ride more relaxed on longer trips 👍🏼
I do miss the centre armrest, where do you get one and have it fitted? Any idea of cost too?

·
Registered
17,395 Posts
I would possibly agree that the seats are not the best compared to other cars I’ve had but I’ve not done a long journey yet to really comment properly. The auto hand brake seems to be as good as any other I’ve had, it just works.
I'd say seats are as expected for a run-about. However I didn't find them that uncomfortable when driving for 6 hours.

But then if you want a road trip car, I'd still go for something else. If money wasn't a factor. ;)

·
Registered
17,395 Posts
That has been my grin inducing favourite thing so far. Great pulling out and junctions and roundabouts 😃
I think my problem is I'm still thinking this car is like my old Zoes, so I'm not taking the gaps in roundabouts that I really could.

I find it tends to catch out motorcyclists who can't pull ahead of me quick enough. 😔

·
i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
1,694 Posts
Ok the car I have when it let's go it is not smooth and if parallel parking I make sure I turn it off otherwise in danger off a shunt. There is not enough adjustment in the seats but must be just be individual and I just encourage anyone to try and get a long test drive before buying to make sure ok for them.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50 GT Line 135 CCS
570 Posts
I agree that you have to give a dab of the foot to release it and quickly move your foot to the brake.

·
Registered
Zoe GT Line 2020
50 Posts
Regarding the armrest - my understanding is you have to drill holes in the Zoe to fit one?
How does that work with a PCP if you hand back? Do non Renault modifications affect the value? Does that apply to things like Satnav too?

(Still waiting for GT 135 ordered in August and spending way too much time on Zoe forums)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Yes you do have to drill 4 small holes and put in pop rivets. So to get it off u would need to drill out the rivets and somehow fill the holes and hope they don't see.. or leave it in. Would they mind a free armrest.. you could always ask RCI what the score is with a pcp car if you wanted to add an armrest.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50 GT Line 135 CCS
570 Posts
I don’t understand. Why are you moving your foot back on the brake if you want to move off?
I'm not. A dab on the throttle to release the brake and then onto the brake to avoid smashing into what you're speeding towards.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Not had any issues with the auto hold. It doesn’t engage for a couple of seconds after stopping, so manoeuvring isn’t a problem really. It’s one press to turn off if really necessary. Ours releases very smoothly.

·
Registered
17,395 Posts
I'm not. A dab on the throttle to release the brake and then onto the brake to avoid smashing into what you're speeding towards.
I find I can crawl away from either auto hold or the handbrake. The car doesn’t lurch forward.

Either the car needs checking or you need a lighter touch. ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts