·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Use google translate …

·
Speak, Eevee!
987 Posts
I hope that either a) people are sensible enough to get the CCS option so that there are a reasonable number of CCS based Zoes entering the used market in a few years or b) Renault coughs up some funding to help install more 22kW AC along routes. Or preferably both. Otherwise when the time comes I will have to look at something else!

·
Speak, Eevee!
987 Posts
I mean, 'rapid' charging isn't a huge deal as it doesn't go at the full 43kw all the time anyway so on a typical 20-80% charge you're only looking at something like 10 minutes difference? So I can see why people might not have bothered. But having more chargers available, especially when existing ones might disappear over time and get replaced with DC only, ought to be a more important option for people.

·
Zoe Devotee
7,538 Posts
Just to confirm that's @£21,700 with battery hire? For cheapest model, without CCS, and which probably won't be included in UK sales.

Typical model R110 bright is @£25300. I hope that's before govt incentive. But still nearly £22k for battery hire model. Ouchie!

Like for like comparison to other companies (who don't do battery hire) the Bright is @£33200. So almost £30k with govt incentive? £750 for CCS puts it closer to £31k

Is it just me or have Renault absolutely lost the plot? I mean the car is still basically the same product from 2011 (released 2012) but with some flashy new baubles.

There is now a massive hole in the market below £30k which Renault used to own.

Crikey, I wonder if this makes the MG the new Zoe?

One positive I suppose is the value of all existing Zoes has got to increase as demand out strips supply for affordable EVs.

·
Registered
10,765 Posts
You can come down off the ceiling.

French incentives are better than in the UK, so I expect Renault charge more and provide less of a dealer ‘contribution’.

Can we hold judgement until we see the official UK PCP pricing?

(P.S. if you want a cheap EV go for an e-golf deal) ;)

·
Zoe Devotee
7,538 Posts
You can come down off the ceiling.

French incentives are better than in the UK, so I expect Renault charge more and provide less of a dealer ‘contribution’.

Can we hold judgement until we see the official UK PCP pricing?

(P.S. if you want a cheap EV go for an e-golf deal) ;)

Ouch so prices in UK might be higher still? o_O

·
Zoe Devotee
7,538 Posts
I think that the MG might indeed be the new cheapness, at least until the new (similar range) Up/Mii/Citigo EVs are launched at Frankfurt.
Its confusing what Renault are doing with Zoe price. Its a vehicle class below Leaf but increasing similar on price. The e-up triplets are a lot smaller than Zoe and hopefully a lot cheaper, bet they come with rapid DC included. But then the triplets will be similarly priced to MG with similar ultimate range but totsy in size comparison. MG is size up from Zoe.

The EV world is turning itself topsy turvey.

·
Zoe Devotee
7,538 Posts
What are you comparing it with - the current price in France or Spain?

I took @Mo1 prices and converted to UK then took off the UK govt subsidy. But if what you are saying is those French prices are already with French discount then I'm at a loss as to why Zoe now so expensive.

·
Registered
10,765 Posts
I took @Mo1 prices and converted to UK then took off the UK govt subsidy. But if what you are saying is those French prices are already with French discount then I'm at a loss as to why Zoe now so expensive.
No, that's not what I said.

To be clear you can't just take EU prices and then convert them to UK pounds.

If you don't believe me go and look up the price of the current Zoe on www.renault.es

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,112 Posts
I doubt that version will be available in the UK.
Agreed, like the "Life" version wasn't in 2013, and the reduced power model now.
I hope that either a) people are sensible enough to get the CCS option so that there are a reasonable number of CCS based Zoes entering the used market in a few years or b) Renault coughs up some funding to help install more 22kW AC along routes. Or preferably both. Otherwise when the time comes I will have to look at something else!
There will always be many, many more 22 kW chargers than rapids, that I can assure you. Renault will not have to sponsor that at all. If you expect them as a head on a rapid, no.
Ouch so prices in UK might be higher still? o_O
Yeah, like they always are (very, very VERY, VERY NOT!)
(P.S. if you want a cheap EV go for an e-golf deal)
LOL!!!
That is 100% correct. Pricing is set on a per country basis, and local taxes and subsidies (both sovereign legislation if you don't mind me saying), as well as what people are "used to" (ie Germans tend to spend more money on their cars) plays a major, major role in pricing.
Just wait until the now near-inevitable No Deal Brexit hits!
We might have another winner.

·
Speak, Eevee!
987 Posts
There will always be many, many more 22 kW chargers than rapids, that I can assure you. Renault will not have to sponsor that at all. If you expect them as a head on a rapid, no.
Yes it's on rapids that I mean (or next to them, which never happens, as that too would be pretty much just for Zoes). Rapids are what get placed along routes such as petrol stations, motorway services etc - and what you use (even if only at 22kW plugging into a socket onto the side of the thing) if you're on a longer run outside of range and want to get there before you die of old age :) You nip off to the side of the road, plug in for 30-40 minutes, and drive on.

Most destination seems to be 7kW but 22kW charge points will be plentiful in time I'm sure.. in car parks and hotels... classic example I ran a bit of an 'experiment' at the weekend and avoided rapids on the way down to a convention, a game of "lets pretend we can't use rapids at all". So instead of using the motorway services I came off earlier and went into town (Lancaster), drove past the Shell rapid, and landed at a Lidl Supermarket 22kW destination charger. The positive side: free charge. The downsides: 1) If it remained free and EVs gained more popularity, it'd be constantly EV'd by people just wanting it for the free electricity for the sake of it and 2) because of the one-way system there and weekend traffic, it added over 15 minutes to my journey just crawling through the system there and then back to the motorway. So the experience of using only destination chargers was tedious, at best! Charging is one thing, 40 minutes added per 60 miles or so, fair enough I chose to live with that for the greater good. But when you're also adding in time to crawl your way through heavy urban traffic to a 22kW unit it starts to get a bit impractical.

·
Zoe Devotee
7,538 Posts
No, that's not what I said.

If you don't believe me go and look up the price of the current Zoe on www.renault.es
So looking at existing prices Zoe in UK starts from £21,920 before incentives and with battery hire.

In France Zoe starts from 17,700 euro which is £19,472 but that's including a 6000 euro bonus.

so £18420 UK v's £19472 EU. So about £1k difference in UK favour after incentives.

If we were to assume @Mo1 figures are indeed without incentives which are about 6000 euro. And with £1000 difference that would put Zoe at around £17,600 plus the £750 for CCS for a battery hire Zoe. That price is a bit less crazy. Time will tell though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
7 Participants
TiJayFLY
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing