Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
@Sandy can i have more details about the 2014 Zoe for sale which has been mechanically (including charging) faultless since you bought it in 2015. How have you been charging this car up?

·
Zoe Devotee
7,793 Posts
@Sandy can i have more details about the 2014 Zoe for sale which has been mechanically (including charging) faultless since you bought it in 2015. How have you been charging this car up?
Not trying to sound flippant but...

Drive up to a charger, plug it in, works. I use a Polar/British Gas 7kw freebie with Renault charger at home. Often use a local rapid, by often I mean typically at least twice a week. Occasional 22kw post use.

Honestly it should be this easy, if you've been having problems then I'd definitely say you've had a problem car.

·
Vendor
1,530 Posts
We just replaced this filter on a Zoe, first one we have done (although have changed the BCB before). This was not due to chargers tripping though, the symptoms here were that the car would not charge. I would not say there is a fundamental fault with this part though since I would have expected us to have replaced a lot more. I ran 22kWh Zoes for 4 years and always charged on the 22kW charger at work, never had an issue with them.

I would normally say if a part has failed within 8 months of being replaced then either it is a faulty part (happens but rare) or something else is breaking that part. Easiest way to find out is to replace it and see what happens, if it breaks again then the original fault was never cured.

Out of interest what is the 5 year drive train warranty you refer to? I do not believe this is something the Renaults offer. There is a provision within the OLEV grant to say that a manufacturer must either offer a 5 year drive train warranty or show extra evidence of battery performance to show reasonable performance after 3 years of use. I would assume Renault will have done the latter.

·
ZOE Q210 Oct'13
544 Posts
My 2013 ZOE's warranty states: "The Electrical Powertrain (see section 1.1 Vehicle Warranty) is covered for 60 months or 100,000 miles...."

·
Vendor
1,530 Posts
My 2013 ZOE's warranty states: "The Electrical Powertrain (see section 1.1 Vehicle Warranty) is covered for 60 months or 100,000 miles...."
Just checked a 13 plate and the GMPe warranty was 5 years 62,150 miles. but then just tried a 66 plate and it is 4 years 100022 miles. A 15 plate was also in at 5 years, I am thinking they might have changed it when they went from Intens to Dynamique Nav in 2016.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts