Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First post on this forum :)

I am looking into buying a Zoe, a car I really liked when I tested it. But before I do, I have a few questions which my dealer here in Norway can't answer....
  • Do we know when the 2021 cars will come, and do they bring any change compared to the 2020 model?
  • One of disadvantages I found with the car is lack of Adaptive Cruise Control - is there a chance this will be possible in future updates?
  • Speaking of updates - do we know whats in plans for the future in the OTA updates?

Thank you,
Kenneth

·
Registered
17,437 Posts
I wouldn’t anticipate any major changes, not the addition of active cruise control.

OTA updates will just be bug fixes I expect.

It’s still a great car.

·
Premium Member
11,285 Posts
The only significant change is the AEB which should be on cars arriving now. Was a very poor show early cars didn't have it and it almost made me get something different (or stick with ZE40) but deal during lockdown was too good. I didn't have on ZE40 so no worse off I guess and only 2 years...

If ordering now make AEB a condition of sale or they may palm you of with an older one lurking somewhere...

·
Registered
138 Posts
The only significant change is the AEB which should be on cars arriving now. Was a very poor show early cars didn't have it and it almost made me get something different (or stick with ZE40) but deal during lockdown was too good. I didn't have on ZE40 so no worse off I guess and only 2 years...

If ordering now make AEB a condition of sale or they may palm you of with an older one lurking somewhere...
Obviously a bad driver.... Lol!

·
Premium Member
11,285 Posts
Obviously a bad driver.... Lol!
Who? You or me? Everyone can make a mistake and AEB is a very useful safety system. NCAP started testing it back in 2013!
Seven year on, cars without AEB score poorly in NCAP testing, so I assume Renault will put the ZE50 (suitably equipped) in for testing soon, as the 2013 test of the old model tells us little today. Hopefully it will get good scores (New Clio got 5 stars) but a shame it won't actually apply to all ZE50.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,205 Posts
Who? You or me? Everyone can make a mistake and AEB is a very useful safety system. NCAP started testing it back in 2013!
Seven year on, cars without AEB score poorly in NCAP testing, so I assume Renault will put the ZE50 (suitably equipped) in for testing soon, as the 2013 test of the old model tells us little today. Hopefully it will get good scores (New Clio got 5 stars) but a shame it won't actually apply to all ZE50.
Yup until they've got the AEB and the lane keep working properly they won't submit one for NCAP. The ZE50 is a 3 star car I believe in its current configuration. But Renault still quote the 2013 results and will carry on doing so until they have fixed the active safety features.

Reactions: proddick
1 - 9 of 9 Posts