Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I have a good opportunity to buy a cheap low milage I Dynamic. Before I do can I pick the brains of you experts?

I do an 80mile round trip for work 95% of which is at 70mph on the M20. Would a Zoe 40 make this with ease even in the depths of winter? Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was looking at an i3 but every forum I read is swap with people talking about fault's which has put me off...

·
Premium Member
9,921 Posts
If you need a ZE40 make sure it is before parting with any money. Sellers often get things wrong.

·
Premium Member
9,921 Posts
Hmm I would hope so. It's listed a March 19 model listed at £20k but I get a £3.5k discount.
Definitely ZE40 and probably R110 if that new. Great you can get that discount - how come?

·
Premium Member
9,921 Posts
I work for emergency services and there's a discount card for staff called the blue light card.
You sure the discount is that much on used cars? I thought a lot of the higher discounts were only on new? If you can get a battery owned 19 plate for less than £17K then definitely worth getting 👍

·
Registered
166 Posts
You sure the discount is that much on used cars? I thought a lot of the higher discounts were only on new? If you can get a battery owned 19 plate for less than £17K then definitely worth getting 👍
you can get new for 18-19, why buy used for 17?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I spoke to dealer today about it. The manager said yes.

·
Premium Member
9,921 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I work for emergency services and there's a discount card for staff called the blue light card.
I think that you should easily be able to do an 80mi round trip in a 40. I also work for the emergency services. Are you blue, green or red?

I’ve got a blue light card but wasn’t aware there was a discount on cars. I’ve seen some people do the awful salary sacrifice scheme and that’s as close to a discount that I’ve seen.

·
Registered
166 Posts
You can't now. Prices are £20K for even pre-reg on Carwow.

View attachment 123002
I got far better deals haggling brand new offers than car wow's prereg (which were also 20-21k when i bought mine for 18)
Make 10-20 accounts on carwow with different addresses and compare the offers you get, then call and haggle. I'm sure you can buy new for around 18-19k without much issues.

·
Premium Member
9,921 Posts
I got far better deals haggling brand new offers than car wow's prereg (which were also 20-21k when i bought mine for 18)
Make 10-20 accounts on carwow with different addresses and compare the offers you get, then call and haggle. I'm sure you can buy new for around 18-19k without much issues.
I couldn't get any dealer I called to better the price I got from Carwow. I tried lots all over country including the RZOC one. Good luck to OP - hopefully he/she can find one at a bargain price like you did.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

• I think that you should easily be able to do an 80mi round trip in a 40. I also work for the emergency services. Are you blue, green or red?

I’ve got a blue light card but wasn’t aware there was a discount on cars. I’ve seen some people do the awful salary sacrifice scheme and that’s as close to a discount that I’ve seen.
    I'm blue. Have a look at motor infinity on the website. Several of my friends have used it and got some big discounts.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I couldn't get any dealer I called to better the price I got from Carwow. I tried lots all over country including the RZOC one. Good luck to OP - hopefully he/she can find one at a bargain price like you did.
I made over 20 accounts on car wow with locations all over. I ended up driving 140 miles to go buy my zoe. Be ready to do a long drive and be patient with the haggling

·
Registered
99 Posts

• I'm blue. Have a look at motor infinity on the website. Several of my friends have used it and got some big discounts.
Cheers, I’m green. I’ll take a look, I’ve got a 22 at the moment but I’ll take a look at the 40 prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Zoe Devotee
7,634 Posts
I think you'll manage that commute in a 22kwh Zoe to be fair. Some of those miles must be getting on/off the motorway. 40miles each way would be easy enough if you slowed to 65 (at least on the way home). Winter would be your only concern, but then if you can arrange charging close to work you could be fully charged and pre-heated in time for home time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did 50000 miles in a 40 every week from London to Cornwall and managed 160 miles even in winter driving 50-55 mph
Only thing was battery charged slower a few times when very cold, around 11 kw instead of 22 kw. Now have a i Zoe 22 with quick 43 kw charging which is great and don’t pay monthly lease payments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts