Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
80 Miles commute will be easy in a Zoe 40 even in the depths of winter, just make sure you fully charge and pre-heat it every morning during the winter and you will be fine. You would have to get less than 2 miles per kwh not to make it and I've never seen lower than 2.9 in cold windy driving rain on the motorway driving at 60mph in our Zoe 40.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi guys. I have a good opportunity to buy a cheap low milage I Dynamic. Before I do can I pick the brains of you experts?

I do an 80mile round trip for work 95% of which is at 70mph on the M20. Would a Zoe 40 make this with ease even in the depths of winter? Thanks in advance :)
Easily should do it. i do 112 miles a day , on a single charge. at 60pmph

·
Registered
32 Posts
It sure can, plus it charges faster at public charge points,AC of course, than all the others, Such a leaf and Kona. i generally tend not to go over 70mph on my 15inch wheels as the
car feels a bit unsteady. i have yet to drive the car in winter, only have it 5 months.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The first long distance trip I did in mine was just over 100 miles between ~3c and -3c the whole way. Managed no problem at 60mph with heating/heated seats on, and still had ~30 miles range according to the car

·
Registered
32 Posts
My first dark wet muggy evening in zoe. couldn't see out the windows hardly, nearly knocked over a pedestrian, whats the best settings for aircon/heat? i am so done with renault , and im only 5 months into a 5 year finance package.:cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::poop:

·
Premium Member
9,921 Posts
My first dark wet muggy evening in zoe. couldn't see out the windows hardly, nearly knocked over a pedestrian, whats the best settings for aircon/heat? i am so done with renault , and im only 5 months into a 5 year finance package.:cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::poop:
Make sure you are NOT in ECO mode as that will limit AC which is needed to remove screen moisture.

Incidentally if you had hit pedestrian the police would have blamed you (for not stopping and clearing screen) not Renault ;)

·
Registered
821 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
I sometimes find auto can't keep the screen clear when it's really damp, but I've never had a problem sticking it on manual with the fan turned up a notch or two...

·
Registered
821 Posts
In mid winter i start off with heat set to full for 5-8 mins then turn down to 24 - 26 with AC off , Fan speed 1 - 3 i can still feel heat from vents
plus i have heated seats too.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts