Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. After running a "22" for two years, progressing to a "40" for 3 years and now having moved on to th "50Tech" I'm thoroughly enjoying trying out all the new innovations including the lovely electric brake. This morning however I found something new. On starting up and selecting B mode I received a message on the dash. "running in reduced B mode"
Does anyone have any Idea what this means and it's cause. I noticed the the engine braking was not as good as normal otherwise nothing else has changed?

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
1,659 Posts
As above, it is likely because your battery was fully charged, or especially cold. Either of these things will reduce the ability to use regenerative braking at full power. It's perfectly normal and will return to usual function once you use up some of the charge, or warm the battery a little.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As above, it is likely because your battery was fully charged, or especially cold. Either of these things will reduce the ability to use regenerative braking at full power. It's perfectly normal and will return to usual function once you use up some of the charge, or warm the battery a little.
That makes sense - thanks for the help.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,810 Posts
Depending on the SOC, B mode will still work, just won’t be as strong.

For instance at 95% it still provides more resistance than D mode.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts