Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone know if it’s possible to get the next turn indication on the dash binnacle display like for the native nav when use Waze via CarPlay?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 Intens R135
32 Posts
I have not tried all combinations, but so far I can confirm that Android Auto + Google maps shows next turn on the dash.
I can try with Waze and Apple a bit later when I have some time.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 Iconic
218 Posts
I use CarPlay with Waze, Google Maps, or Apple Maps. The only one that displays the turn indicator on the dashboard is the latter.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 Iconic
218 Posts
VERY interesting. So it IS possible.
With the proviso that Apple are the ones defining the specs for CarPlay, so they might be using private APIs not available to third-party apps.

(Same goes for Google Maps and Android Auto, of course)

·
Registered
Renault Zoé ZE50 R135 Intens
121 Posts
With the proviso that Apple are the ones defining the specs for CarPlay, so they might be using private APIs not available to third-party apps.

(Same goes for Google Maps and Android Auto, of course)
Agree that this would be typical behaviour for them, at least at first. Then they can announce that they're so kind they've decided to open it up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies, I was sure I had it working but must have bene using Apple Maps once and Waze the other time. I hope Waze can make this work also with CarPlay.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

There is a bug in the SW that gets the dash direction wrong for roundabouts when using CarPlay. Possibly a drive on left / right side of the road issue? Is there a way to report bugs to Renault?

·
Registered
Renault Zoé ZE50 R135 Intens
121 Posts
View attachment 149440

There is a bug in the SW that gets the dash direction wrong for roundabouts when using CarPlay. Possibly a drive on left / right side of the road issue? Is there a way to report bugs to Renault?
Yup,sounds like the app is sending "first exit" as information which the car is correctly interpreting, except for this weird lot on a bunch of islands up north....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts