Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I might note down a few comparisons where the differences might be 'unexpected'.

Shopping; first shopping trip out in the Zoe and for reasons that seem inexplicable to me I can get more shopping into the Soul. It's, obviously, easier to load the Soul, which is probably most of that explanation. With a higher and flat access boot, that extra depth in the Zoe doesn't really seem to bring as much advantage compared with the wide opening of the Soul. There is a difference between 'crammability' of a space and its sheer size. Blue IKEA bags (you know the ones) loaded up can be put 'longways' in the Soul, hang out a bit, but the tailgate will wedge all of that in nicely. This is not a trivial operation in the Zoe, where the first bag that gets placed down then seeks to spread itself over the entire boot floor area.

The Soul also allows you to pile up a lot of soft crushable stuff (big crisp bags) on its parcel shelf, whereas there is really not enough space for so much stuff on the Zoe's parcel shelf, so it has to go on the back seats instead.

I would not attempt to do a family shop with an adult and two kids in the Zoe, but would, and managed it a few times, with the Soul.

Just IMHO.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The Zoe boot is actually smaller in practice than the i3’s. I didn’t think that was possible!

·
Registered
17,445 Posts
I don’t think @donald’s Tetris skills are up to par. We’ve been camping in the Zoe with two kids.

Or maybe he just needs to feed his kids less food? This will have the side benefit of getting better range on family outings.

·
Registered
252 Posts
But the Zoe’s boot is larger then the e-208 and corsa-e! I’m sure Bjorn’s got some banana box videos somewhere 😉

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,106 Posts
EEE68126-1ACA-451A-8D0D-506AEF44E442.png

Soul, Zoe and i3 are 6/21, 6/17 and 4/14 banana boxes respectively.

Reactions: Dion Rust

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Radio; I have a theory which is that all one's radio and audio settings are actually held at Renault ... they even want to know that! I can't see the reason why everything resets on mine, every time I leave the car, other than I have not accepted a data connection to Renault.

·
Registered
427 Posts
No way is it smaller than the i3, what nonsense.

I’ve had both and the i3 you can barely fit a gym bag in
Calm down dear 🙄 I said “in practice”. Volume isn’t everything. It’s how it’s laid out.
We’ve spent 4 years living with 2 i3s and a week with a Zoe.
The pushchair fitted perfectly in the I3 boot plus some of my wife’s riding tack, boots and coats.
Zoe takes the pushchair with one wheel hanging off the bootlip, the charging cable and zip all else.

·
Registered
427 Posts
But the Zoe’s boot is larger then the e-208 and corsa-e! I’m sure Bjorn’s got some banana box videos somewhere 😉
Still can’t get my head round that. Pushchair-test fail with the 208. Just about fits in the Zoe. Zoe is still an objectively small car mind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts