Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Zoe 50 GTLine
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys - any idea what the two 'fillets' on the roof are for? I've got a few ideas - will expand later. Have all generations of Zoes had them - even as far back as the Zoe10?

Zoe50 fillet (2).jpg

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
There was no Zoe 10, just ZE20 (22kWh), ZE40 (41kWh) and now ZE50 (52kWh).

Yes my ZE40 has them. No idea either!

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
They are also present on my wife's 64 plate 22kW intens.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just checked ZE20 and R110, present on both.

It may simply be a design feature. So the top door close line continues to the back, unbroken, whilst the C pillar does the same, over onto the roof,

·
Registered
Zoe 50 GTLine
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There was a Zoe05 and then the Zoe10. The range of both was so abysmal that they coudn't drive them out of Development. (Honest).

My theory:

No 1: Mounting brackets for a spoiler. Someone then noticed it was front wheel drive - so marketing called it a picnic table. In production they noticed that you coudn't open the boot to get the picnic hamper out. So it was canned.

No 2: Cover plates for explosive bolts. Dates back to the battery lease days - RCI could then disable the car. Should have been mounted next to the hinges - so that it only blows the bloody door off. Can be operated from my Renault App. Bit of luck the App doesn't work.

No 3: Its a pollution thing. When you Zoe goes tits up in a river the cover plates fall off and let water in. Stops it floating away.

Long day ...

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
28,453 Posts

·
Registered
Zoe 50 GTLine
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are they plastic or metal? I feel sorry for the demented robot tasked with sticking them on. Do other manufaturers use similar 'bits' on their cars? I know that the ID3 has the 'nappy' on the front - what is it hiding?
It's one of those things that start to annoy after a while - what else has Renault bodged?

Don't foget that the List price/BIK value of this car was £34075. I'm going to contact Renault UK to ask a few simple questios - such as what is the service interval, when is it due, how it is notified etc. This is supposed to be a function of the Trip Computer - so sign of it on my car.
Have a nice day.

·
Registered
16,783 Posts
Are they plastic or metal? I feel sorry for the demented robot tasked with sticking them on. Do other manufaturers use similar 'bits' on their cars? I know that the ID3 has the 'nappy' on the front - what is it hiding?
It's one of those things that start to annoy after a while - what else has Renault bodged?

Don't foget that the List price/BIK value of this car was £34075. I'm going to contact Renault UK to ask a few simple questios - such as what is the service interval, when is it due, how it is notified etc. This is supposed to be a function of the Trip Computer - so sign of it on my car.
Have a nice day.
Spot welds are pretty common on cars and lots of them have plastic covers for them on the roof. I wouldn’t call it a bodge. Frankly after 5 years of ownership I’ve never really noticed.

The service schedule is pretty clear - it even provides it on the My Renault app. Or look in the handbook that comes with the car.

·
Registered
Zoe 50 GTLine
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The service schedule is pretty clear - it even provides it on the My Renault app. Or look in the handbook that comes with the car.
My Renault app. The car has a signal - EE at 69%. Problem is my phone doesn't have a signal. So I've not played with the app. Handbook page 1.82. Trip computer and warning system should show the service interval 'Service in 1,210 miles or 3 months'. Oh no it doesn't. That's half the problem - I read the book. There is a disclaimer at the top that says 'The display of information shown below DEPENDS ON THE VEHICLE EQUIPMENT AND COUNTRY'. Can anyone else confirm this - anyone who has a ZE50?

·
Registered
16,783 Posts
Problem is my phone doesn't have a signal.
A bit odd to have a phone without a signal. Or WiFi.

However you’ll find all the service details in the app.

Normally I’d expect the car to warn you when the service is near (I.e. in 30 days). Is there a reason you are worrying about something that is almost a year away?

I seem to remember going over the service schedule in the original handover documentation as well. So it’s not really a secret.

·
Registered
Zoe 50 GTLine
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Service schedule is just an example. My concern is that what the car does and the handbook says are different. Hence asking if any other ZE50 owners have the same 'problem'. Is the current charging rate displayed anywhere - p1.14 states 'the battery refil rate'. I assume that to mean 7.2 kW or say 22kW.

·
Registered
16,783 Posts
Service schedule is just an example. My concern is that what the car does and the handbook says are different. Hence asking if any other ZE50 owners have the same 'problem'. Is the current charging rate displayed anywhere - p1.14 states 'the battery refil rate'. I assume that to mean 7.2 kW or say 22kW.
Yes, the handbook is a bit vague in places. I put that down to the French translation.

I’m pretty sure the ZE50 doesn’t show charging power, only estimated time to charge. Like the previous Zoe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts