Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just wanted to check something - does the granny charger come with the car. I took delivery of mine a couple of days ago and it only came with the type 2 connector, not a 3 pin connector.

In the manual it mentions the type 2 and the 3 pin connector, I thought I better check with other owners first before contacting the lease company.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,848 Posts
IIRC, Renault want north of £500 for their granny lead.
Far better to join RZOC (Renault Zoe Owners Club) for free and get a £15 discount code for a club-approved 3rd party lead from EVOneStop, which brings the price down to £172.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip

I don't suppose anyone knows if the Tesla Mobile connector will charge the Zoe? I have one of those!

·
Registered
16,839 Posts
Thanks for the tip

I don't suppose anyone knows if the Tesla Mobile connector will charge the Zoe? I have one of those!
Do you mean a UMC?

Yes, they will work. However be careful to never ever charge the Zoe with it with three phase, or you will damage both the car and the charger.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you mean a UMC?

Yes, they will work. However be careful to never ever charge the Zoe with it with three phase, or you will damage both the car and the charger.
Yes, the UMC - awesome, ok in that case I will just use that if need be.

Noted about 3 phase, thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hang on, I just had a thought, seeing as the Zoe 50KWH can take 22KW AC from the type 2, why can't I connect it to three phase?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts