Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I know this is my first post here, but I already have a lot of questions. I have read a lot about Zoe already, and I know the basics, but some more technical stuff is still a mystery to me.
So... :)
1. What is the max regen power?
2. At what speed is it reached?
3. How powerfull is the regen braking compared to a manual transmission? (1 gear downshift? 2 gear downshift?)
4. How powerfull/fast is the A/C heating compared to a similar ICE car?
5. Is the "creep" a hill-assist function or is that another thing?

Thank you for all the answers!

Crf

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite Nav 70 reg
678 Posts
I don't know how to answer your first 2 points, but:

3: I'd say it's like a 1 gear downshift - i.e. more than just taking your foot off the accelerator in a manual car.
4: The A/C heating is a bit feeble, but at least it happens quite quickly, unlike on a ICE car.
5: Creep is like on an ICE automatic. Hill assist keeps the brake engaged for a few seconds after releasing the pedal until forward motion is detected.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I never found the regen effect gave much braking - I could take my foot off the pedal at around 32mph and coast for over half a kilometre on a mostly flat road with some corners and speed bumps, getting down to about 25mph at the top of a steep hill which would then give me enough speed to coast a further half k (then there's a roundabout so I have to stop). The dash said power was going into the battery, it just didn't feel like it had any impact on the speed.

The AC always felt OK to me, and always heated the car nicely in the winter.

Like Andyfras says, the creep is just to make the car feel like an automatic - I've never understood why.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
@Crf welcome to the forum. Are the Zoe's available in Slovenia now? Of they are then as @Qdos says a test drive will give you the best answers, nothing beats first hand experience.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your answers. Of course, I will go on a test drive as soon as the sales start in Slovenia. That should be March 2015. Until than, I will get as much info as possible. From the good and the not so good side of Zoe. But from what I found out so far, I think the only deciding factor will be the price.

Thanx, again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts