Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new, still in the box "occasional charger" for the Zoe.

The infamous "le granny charger" which Renault have finally made available.

It charges at around 10Amps but the full spec can be found somewhere on Renault's web site (if you are very patient!) or check with your dealer. My suspicion, though is that you will know more than them!

The Type 2 plug at the end would work, I would imagine, with any ev using this type of connection but you'd have to check. It is, as I say, a Renault part designed for use with the Zoe.

In case you are interested, some time ago I built (with some help and discouragement from this forum) an EVSE which works fine and which I am very proud of so don't need this one (which I ordered a long time ago when I first got my Zoe).

Please get in touch if you are interested. Not sure the best way but my email is [email protected]

Thanks for reading. If there is no interest I will put it on ebay but will wait a while first as I would prefer it went to an enthusiast.

Cheers: Lea

·
Registered
427 Posts
I wouldn't use full format of email address anywhere online if it's not form filling

It's better like: name at Gmail dot com (example)

My been scanned before and I've been spammed

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi everyone - I'll try to answer some of the points raised.

First, thanks (NERO) for tip about email. Wasn't sure what to do but so far, so good!

(QDOS) As far as I know (and this is my experience with my homebuilt EVSE) it is simply plug and a play! The car knows it is OK and charges at the low rate. Ideal for when away with friends & family plugging-in safely to their mains.

I have not had to update my software - the car was bought October 2013 but is probably older than this.

Lead is approx 5 metres I think. I know they don't recommend this but I have an extension lead on my EVSE but with a 16A cable which, again works fine with no overheating issues. I can check if you are seriously interested. I am happy to haggle on my private email but not here, if that's OK!

Hope this helps. Cheers: Lea

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Qdos: I would prefer to haggle on my private email. drleaATyogasadhanadotcodotuk.

Otherwise ball park of £200 off the Renault retail price which, as you know is a bit steep!

But is does seem well built and is guaranteed and supported by Renault.

Not sure if its any use but you'd be welcome to come visit and even try it out on your Zoe.

But, be warned, we live in Dorset!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Qdos. I will wait a bit and see if I get any interest. It seems very well built and fully bonafide for use with Zoe's. Is guaranteed and supported by Renault so it won't blow it up! I paid an arm and a leg for it and happy to offer a generous discount of the list. Thanks again for your comments and advice. By the way I charge with my homebuilt EVSE (similar price to build, incidentally to the price I want for my Renault one) at way less than 2.7kW and it is fine - not very efficient at low charge rates but that is another story!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whoops, sorry Qdos! What is PM? (Bit of a luddite it seems with bloggs!) I am talking ball park £450 which is a good discount off the retail I believe.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Qdos - god, I'm slow! Looked around the site but can't see how to start a conversation! Thanks for your help - maybe we can connect soon?

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
and in any event another member on here manufactures after-market chargers/leads and sells a brand new granny charger for a Zoe at £270 all taxes, including a warranty...
That webpage shows £370 incl. VAT and delivery.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Qdos - Thanks for that - they have reduced the price since I bought it.

However, the charger has now been sold by someone who evidently thinks it is good value (brand new, genuine part, guaranteed & supported by Renault, no waiting).

Thanks again for the info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts