Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is a sample of my (successful) charging efforts in Manchester yesterday on one of the gmev/cyc points.
The charge started normally at 28% at 16:38 and I left the car for the evening, but every few minutes the charge would stop and then restart after a pause. This happened around sixteen times, until the Zoe was fully charged at 20:38, as shown below.
The details say battery charge has anomaly been stopped.
Has anyone any theories as to what was going on?

Screenshot from 2014-12-07 17:30:37.png

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did details for each history not add any useful info?
Each charge end notice detail says "battery charge has anomaly been stopped" except for the last one where the charge completed to 100%.

·
Registered
916 Posts
This is a new one on me..my Zoe will spit the dummy out pretty much immediately if there's a charging issue..it either works,or it won't. I did have one episode recently when I plugged in at a public charger near my Uncle's place and walked a couple hundred yards to his door,only to get a text alert message as I arrived that charging had stopped part way..It puzzled me,but I wasn't going back to check as there were other chargers in the area for backup,I was just resigned to looking into charging again after the visit,instead of during...Happily ,though,I went back to discover charging had resumed and I had 100% up on my return!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well after 2 1/2 months of trying to get hold of a working card from Plugged in Midlands I have attempted my first public charge this morning via APT points on the business park where I work. 1st post wasn't happy at all - started then I got Charge impossible. There was a leaf already on the same post that seem to be charging happily. Unplugged and tried it again and got Check connections. Just about to chuck my lead over the nearby hedge but thought to try the next point down and this seems to be OK fingers crossed. Not had any issues charging at home but public charging from hearing others experience seems too hit and miss - seems from John post that there are lots of variables with both the car and the point and for a successful charge all the stars have to be aligned!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's Renaults over-fussy Chameleon charge controller. The post concerned probably has an earth impedance that exceeds the Zoe's appetite and for that reason it won't let you get a charge.
Would this mean that Renault may have the ability to issue a software patch which would say to the charger, hey don't worry about those "dodgy" charging posts they are ok now and we won't get sued even if they arent't?
I suppose what I am trying to find out is whether there is a general safety issue with public chargers, or is it some specific issue for the Zoe, or if there some other explanation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts