Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoa for impressive. Not just the car (as you said, decent for sure), but even more the scary sh** that happen when things go haywire in high energy events, be it fast traveling cars, exploding high power transformers (google "Shell Pernis") or any of your choosing :eek::D

·
Registered
386 Posts
Thanks for the video. I'm a little worried about the driver's neck and back of the head. The neck twists very wild and then the head almost hits the B pillar... The passenger does get to live another day.

Hope no one will ever have to go through this test in real life.

·
Premium Member
11,017 Posts

·
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To be quite honest (and this is no stab, as I am sure yours wasn't either @proddick ), I wouldn't want to be in a Tesla if it was hit by a ZOE.
I am happy both cars score nicely given the disingenuous nonsense about the dangers of EV's by the usual suspects.

·
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, in my country about a year ago a Tesla wrapped itself around a totally non impressed tree at high speed splitting the car in two, leaving half of the battery in the car and half of it a smoldering mess on the road. No explosion of course though the fire brigade was kinda anxious touching it, which again lead to the most infuriating and insane, stupid, 100% wrong comments from "car journalists", scuse me, "expers". Yeah, the tire kicking types. The Clarkson types. Don't get me started. </rant>

·
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
True. As are fuel fires. Decent design and risk management is the name of the game.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts