Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've had my ZE40 for about a month now, and while I absolutely love the car, I have been sorely disappointed in the size of the cupholders. None of my water bottles will fit in any of them, including the Starbucks thermos I fill with earl grey pretty much every morning. As such, I decided to do something about it. I spent a good chunk of last weekend taking measurements and doing some test prints, then finally printed the final design:

IMG_20200911_073002237.jpg

It fits snugly into the two main cupholders next to the parking brake and is the perfect size for my 70-millimetre-diameter thermos, as well as having a little cut-out for my garage door opener:

IMG_20200911_175801555.jpg

I've been testing it for a week now, and I have a couple questions for the Zoe drivers here:

1) Would you be interested in having something similar? I can easily adjust the size of the hole - the space between the parking break and the seat is not very wide, but the design could handle anything up to 77 mm or so. I could also do a simple tray or coin holder in place of the smaller hole.

2) If interested, what would you consider a fair price?

Lastly, if there are any owners of the 22 kW Zoe or the ZE50 near East Northants, I'd love to see if my design fits in yours as well (and if not, how difficult it would be to adjust it).

Additional pictures for the interested:

IMG_20200911_175658239.jpg IMG_20200911_175710558.jpg IMG_20200911_175715921.jpg IMG_20200911_175820738.jpg IMG_20200911_072422473.jpg IMG_20200911_073044933.jpg

Spock

·
Registered
45 Posts
That is very cool!
I made a quick and easy cup holder for my wife by creating a base out of laminated cardboard and bolting on a cheap cup holder of the correct dimensions and placing it in front of the USB and SD card ports.

I did find some interesting CAD designs on a free site for 3D printing but I actually spent far less time making the thing then I spent searching for something appropriate online...

You have probably come up with a better design overall though. I will definitely keep it in mind when my quick and easy one wears out.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is very cool!
I made a quick and easy cup holder for my wife by creating a base out of laminated cardboard and bolting on a cheap cup holder of the correct dimensions and placing it in front of the USB and SD card ports.

I did find some interesting CAD designs on a free site for 3D printing but I actually spent far less time making the thing then I spent searching for something appropriate online...

You have probably come up with a better design overall though. I will definitely keep it in mind when my quick and easy one wears out.
Thanks! It has certainly proven popular, especially the variant double-cupholder design - my printers have been making them non-stop for the past week now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts