Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a couple of faults with a one month old ZOE...

1. Blue film on front badge is bubbling! Noticeably so. Very disappointing for a brand new car.

2. The badge release mechanism for charging isn't releasing when pressing button in car or on remote. It's making the right noise but not opening, unless I firmly press badge closed again and press button a second time. I tried the WD40 remedy (even though it shouldn't be necessary on a new car!)

Contacted Renault who were helpful and contacted my nearest EV servicing dealer. It's going in next week for an inspection. Renault providing a courtesy car via Enterprise, though they felt need to point out they're "not contractually obliged to".

Anyone else had similar issues?

·
Registered
531 Posts
These are 2 very common issues. I suspect that every Zoe owner will tell you that this happens with the badge - and many (if not most) will tell you the charge flap sticks occasionally too.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yep, just had my badge replaced at the first service. Once it started peeling I took it all off and had the plain silver badge for months until the first service was due - looked pretty good actually. Very quick 20-minute job, although some dealers will tell you otherwise.

My charge door sticks occasionally, but I find a second press will always release it so I haven't bothered to do anything about it.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Yes I and many other's have had their Blue badge replaced, as Stephen said its a quick job only takes minute's. Maybe better quality now as mine has had many power washes and seems fine now.

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GT-Line R135 Rapid Charge in Flame Red 😀
559 Posts
After 6 months blue badge is still fine. Never had a problem with opening the charging flap either. However, it does sporadically pop open when driving. Sometimes several times a day and then it's fine for weeks before recurring again. Anyone else had this.

Reactions: ofev2357

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'm on my third badge now but I've never had any trouble having it replaced. My dealer has never really gripped about providing a courtesy car to be honest. This is probably because on the occasions where it's needed to be replaced it's been tied in with a bigger warrenty job.

·
Registered
523 Posts
There are many ways to increase profitability. Not all of them are positive for the consumer.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
There are many ways to increase profitability. Not all of them are positive for the consumer.
I wasn't thinking about VAG. Renault have made and are making serious efforts to improve quality along with a better model range and the results are showing in the improved sales.

·
Registered
563 Posts
After 6 months blue badge is still fine. Never had a problem with opening the charging flap either. However, it does sporadically pop open when driving. Sometimes several times a day and then it's fine for weeks before recurring again. Anyone else had this.
Glad it's not just mine that pops open when your driving!!!

And yes I am on my second badge

My Zoe seems to groan from the front end when slow speed manouvering, does anyone else's?

·
Registered
793 Posts
I am leasing the Zoe and noticed some of the blue badge coming off. Not bothered to put the car into the garage for that. Maybe different story if I'd own the car, or wanted to keep.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,296 Posts
So, a couple of faults with a one month old ZOE...

1. Blue film on front badge is bubbling! Noticeably so. Very disappointing for a brand new car.

2. The badge release mechanism for charging isn't releasing when pressing button in car or on remote. It's making the right noise but not opening, unless I firmly press badge closed again and press button a second time. I tried the WD40 remedy (even though it shouldn't be necessary on a new car!)

Contacted Renault who were helpful and contacted my nearest EV servicing dealer. It's going in next week for an inspection. Renault providing a courtesy car via Enterprise, though they felt need to point out they're "not contractually obliged to".

Anyone else had similar issues?

Have you pressure washed your car frequently?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Wow - Renault quality has improved by leaps and bounds if all you've got to whinge about is a sticky flap and peeling badge..........
My Zoe is definatley better built than the £40K Q5 I had before it, that had some many rattles, creaks and warranty claims it used to drive me nuts!

Apart from the click I had in the rear which was sorted under warranty my Zoe has been brilliant!

·
Registered
346 Posts
In our Zoe Number 1 we had to have the front suspension link arms changed
because of an annoying grinding noise when negotiating speed bumps in cold weather.

·
Vendor
1,650 Posts
The badge is very common, to the point where I think when it is facelift you might find the badge's are just silver! We generally keep them in stock as we sometimes have to replace them before they even get registered.

The charging flap sticking is again common and you should find the locally dealer can just lubricate it for you.

With regards to it opening when driving I have found this occasionally but I believe it is more to do with the release button being pressed on the key in your pocket when you get into the car. The warning only comes up when you are driving though no stationary so thats when you notice it.

Renault just came 1st (Dacia 2nd) in the Auto Express Driver Power survey up 12 places so we must be doing something right ;) (http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/driver-power/92307/best-car-dealers-2016)

Reactions: Hanseljuan

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GT-Line R135 Rapid Charge in Flame Red 😀
559 Posts
With regards to it opening when driving I have found this occasionally but I believe it is more to do with the release button being pressed on the key in your pocket when you get into the car. The warning only comes up when you are driving though no stationary so thats when you notice it.
I hadn't thought of that! That may explain why it happens repeatedly on the same day - key fob button pushing against other items in my pocket and not being moved in between "incidents". Thanks

1 - 20 of 82 Posts