Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had experience replacing fuses on Zoe. My phone charger plug fell apart on the power socket and when I retrieved the bits there was a large spark and as no longer working assume that fuse blown. I know which fuse to check but how does one get to it? Alternatively can I use the usb socket to charge phone or is that via same fuse?

·
Registered
27 Posts
The usb will charge fine it does this when I plug the phone or I pod in. If the nav unit is on the supply will be there . The cigar type socket is seperately fused and I believe the box is on the glovebox via a access hatch.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have found the supplied "crabber" tool to be useless at pulling a fuse as it just slips off the smooth fuse casing.

I keep a small pair of pliers in the glove box just in case.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,316 Posts
UK Fuse box, Near side, open glove box and there is a colour coded bulge at the left side, this is the fuse box cover, this removes and the fuses are inside. You'll need to check your manual for the Auxilliary fuse I expect.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I agree with the comments about the supplied fuse grabber, it's virtually impossible to use. I dropped mine when pulling the r-link fuse to reset the equally useless DAB radio and it disappeared into the trim, I think it's in the trim at the bottom of the door pillar. It doesn't rattle and as it's made of plastic I'm not about to pull my car apart to retrieve it. Thin nosed pliers with serrated jaws are the way to go. The fuses are miniature automotive blade fuses, go to a small automotive supply shop rather than Halfrauds and you can generally buy them individually for a few pence.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I agree with the comments about the supplied fuse grabber, it's virtually impossible to use. I dropped mine when pulling the r-link fuse to reset the equally useless DAB radio and it disappeared into the trim, I think it's in the trim at the bottom of the door pillar. It doesn't rattle and as it's made of plastic I'm not about to pull my car apart to retrieve it. Thin nosed pliers with serrated jaws are the way to go. The fuses are miniature automotive blade fuses, go to a small automotive supply shop rather than Halfrauds and you can generally buy them individually for a few pence.
Same happened to my when I wanted to check the fuses after the heating gave up. Nice 10A fuse lost in the trim behind the footwell. Quick dash to Halfords for a couple of replacement ones. Have not tried since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts